Everton vs Fiorentina Wed 12th 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done

So disappointed. Cant speak, don't want to go to work. 5th in PL is NOTHING !!
Good night.

Some things Ive been thinking of:

* Twatting Fiorentina and going out undeservedly on penalties, what an improvement on Villareal, Bucharest et all.

* 4-4-2 can work.

* As gutted as you might be feeling, we're on the up and we've still got a real chance of finishing fourth.

* We readdressed the bumming from the first leg, the team really went for it.

* In the near future, we will win a goblet.

* Pineapple on pizza is plain wrong.

Its a good time to be a blue although you might not be thinking that right now.

We'll have to make sure we get straight back to winning, ive seen how losses like this can affect teams, when you gave 100% and still came out with nothing, we have to be careful because the Uefa place is only available to 5th place this year, and 6th get the intertoto. And with Pompey, Villa, Blackburn and City all around there, 3 teams have to miss out, hopefully we aren't one of them and get straight back to winning.

Didnt fancy penalties, [Poor language removed], I didnt fancy us to get something at all before kick off.

We outclassed them for 2 hours of football but didnt get the final goal. Other than that, probably the best performance I've seen us play this year.

Absolutely devestated, i feel sick to my stomach. But im still proud of every single one of the boys tonite.
I really think that Engliah teams and english players cant over the past about pentalty shootouts, its all down to mental strength and luck.

Can any of you say youve ever been confident of either Everton or England in a shoot out in your entire life. (well the last 21 years that i can account for at least *almost manages to crack a smile after tonites game*)

im gutted we went out.

but what a performance !

fair enough we missed chances but atleast we gave ourselves a chance of going through by pulling back those 2 goals.

every player peformed tonight excactly how we want an everton player to perform.

as for the missed chances , well are they to blame , or was it howard not saving , or was it yakubu and jags missing , or was it the poor performance in the first leg ?

whatever the reason , its irrelevant. we are out.... but not with a wimper.

the best team went out tonight , we have a manager and a team to be proud of and things can only get better.

things are certainly better than they have been for decades.

couple of points about the match...
we looked good in a 442 formation.
osman was class at times and suited the 442 position better than cahill imo.
i cant pick a man of the match.probably jags or lescott.
frey was very good for them tonight.
the club and fans should be proud of there efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.