EVERTON VS ARSENAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled my foxtel subscription a couple of weeks ago and it was due to be turned off on the 7th. Great I thought, this game is on the 6th.
Missed the first 15 minutes because I thought it was a 8:45 kick off (local time) and turned it on just in time to see Naismith celebrating the first.
All going well, loving the game, then 10 minutes from the end, abrupt cancellation of service. Although it was only 10pm, it had just gone midnight in Sydney meaning it was now the 7th at Foxtel HQ. Spent the last 10 minutes getting live updates from the internet on my phone.

Glad I got to see the 2 moments of Coleman magic though

Wouldn't it be great if this weekend was "our moment" I mean that moment/game where we domolish a so called big team. I mean a 4/5 - 0 hammering like all the other big teams have done to each other at times this and other seasons.

We're due....

But end of the day a scrappy 1-0 will suffice
Coyb!!

My word you did me proud boys!!

We did infact have "Our Moment" I can honestly say that was the best Everton performance I have seen in my near 25yrs supporting the toffees!

We played them off the park. We show boated against a top 4 side....absolutely fantastic stuff.

We managed to do it without the likes of jags, Gibson, pienaar, yet still were strong with a strong bench!

Wow something's special about this catalin and this team his inherited AND added to!!

Without the ball, the effort and will of the players had a discipline to it and we seemed to wait until Arsenal's attack slowed before rushing them. The attitude of the players was terrific but it wasn't frenzied, it was measured.

With the ball, the shape and movement was mesmerising. They couldn't deal with the position our three forwards took up. Playing Lukaku on the right of a forward three had them scratching their heads. They didn't know whether to move with Naismith or cover Mirallas and Lukaku cutting in. All three of our subs were positive despite the scoreline. It took Mertesacker out of the game and exposed Monreal. When we lost the ball Naismith dropped straight into midfield.

You have to think that this is the system for the remainder of the season.

You have to think that this is the system for the remainder of the season.

You know, I bet it won't be. Martinez has shown himself to be incredibly adaptable. From one game to the next, it's impossible to guess what our line-up will be. It must be so hard to prepare to play against us.

You know, I bet it won't be. Martinez has shown himself to be incredibly adaptable. From one game to the next, it's impossible to guess what our line-up will be. It must be so hard to prepare to play against us.

It's was genius though.

I was a bit worried before the game that Mertesacker might have Lukaku's number. The way we lined up with the ball created a forward three and gave a bit more space to Seamus and Baines.

It's was genius though.

I was a bit worried before the game that Mertesacker might have Lukaku's number. The way we lined up with the ball created a forward three and gave a bit more space to Seamus and Baines.

It was absolute genius.

Earlier in the season, I got slightly concerned about Martinez's 'I only know how to play one way' refrain... but he doesn't really mean that. It's not all about patient possession play, regardless of opposition, which is what I thought he was getting at early on. The pace we've been able to inject into our play over the past few weeks has proven that - and the adjustments he made to our formation yesterday were just what we needed against Arsenal.

I expect him to make similar adjustments to suit playing against United, City - and even Sunderland and Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.