Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"over the moon playing football like that "

FFS do me a favour I saw us in the 70's and 80's.

Do you remember Billy Wright?

Not going to get into a slanging match with you, but yes, you would love to see this Everton side playing like we are now. The 70's and 80's are decades ago. Not even relevant to this current side.

You keep telling yourself that. I've heard it all before. We have been told our players wont perform in the harsh English winter, they wont handled the physical side of the game, we will get found out and we just keep going.

Could you explain what a " parasitic way of playing " means. Genuine question, i dont have a clue.

With all due respect, you would be over the moon to be playing football the way we do.

Not really. 7th isn't what we aim for. We expect much much better. We are an established top flight side with plenty of success. Unfortunately we are just going through our longest barren spell in our history. We haven't been languishing in lower leagues ever really. Never once in my life has it crossed my mind that I'd love to play like wolves lol

Second season is the tricky one for sides. I think wolves will establish themselves in the top flight, but it's not a flat line trajectory and second seasons are bumpy for teams like Wolves.

You keep telling yourself that. I've heard it all before. We have been told our players wont perform in the harsh English winter, they wont handled the physical side of the game, we will get found out and we just keep going.

Could you explain what a " parasitic way of playing " means. Genuine question, i dont have a clue.

With all due respect, you would be over the moon to be playing football the way we do.
Shut up you will be in the championship were you belong in 2seasons.

sorry pal not what I saw today.

You do it well though

Tell me when did you break a defensive team down ?

Well, we have scored 12 goals in our last 4 games so we must be doing something right. Its fair to say we took a while to work out our attack in the premier league, but we have now.

I'll leave it there with you. We could have stuffed 10 goals past you and i still dont think you would give us any credit. All the best.

Not really. 7th isn't what we aim for. We expect much much better. We are an established top flight side with plenty of success. Unfortunately we are just going through our longest barren spell in our history. We haven't been languishing in lower leagues ever really. Never once in my life has it crossed my mind that I'd love to play like wolves lol

Second season is the tricky one for sides. I think wolves will establish themselves in the top flight, but it's not a flat line trajectory and second seasons are bumpy for teams like Wolves.

I agree mate, it wont be easy, its just about steady progression for us now. Tbh, 7th isnt really our owners aim either. Next season will be harder for us in terms of getting players in that this season because we have to bring in better than what we have.

You really wouldnt like to see this Everton side playing like we are right now? Even when we lose, i'm happy its never through a lack of effort. Reading here, it seems plenty think you blokes give up a fair bit. Not sure if thats the general consensus around Goodison park or just the people who post on here.

I agree mate, it wont be easy, its just about steady progression for us now. Tbh, 7th isnt really our owners aim either. Next season will be harder for us in terms of getting players in that this season because we have to bring in better than what we have.

You really wouldnt like to see this Everton side playing like we are right now? Even when we lose, i'm happy its never through a lack of effort. Reading here, it seems plenty think you blokes give up a fair bit. Not sure if thats the general consensus around Goodison park or just the people who post on here.

Why not enjoy this good spell on a forum of your own mate? You're just wallowing in our misery now. The false modesty gets a bit irksome if you overplay it.

I thought we made it very easy for Wolves today, obviously. They were well organised though and pressed us very well. Best of the rest for me.

Why not enjoy this good spell on a forum of your own mate? You're just wallowing in our misery now. The false modesty gets a bit irksome if you overplay it.

I'm not wallowing in anyones misery. I posted before the game, so i posted after the game. Would have done the same if we lost. I havent gloated about anything, haven't been disrespectful or rude. I havent even been modest tbh, i've been fairly open that i feel we are a good team. Dont see the issue. If you dont want other fans opinions thats fine, maybe get a mod to kick me off here if thats the way you want it on here.

Hardly makes a difference. They don't care about their own self respect and personal pride of performance. Why would they care about people coming to watch them.

They are gutless and have no allegiance to the club. We need them binned off and out of our club. There's nothing worth preserving in this club.[/QUOT There are some of them who would bust a gut
Should we just give it to Ferguson till the end of the season?

Another bad result, but I'm not surprised. Not enough people out there who give a stuff, either they don't believe in what the manager is saying or they don't have the ability to carry it out

Need 7 more points, to get to 40,from 13 games. Think we need to win away at Cardiff, away at Fulham, home to Burnley and draw one of the other 10. It sounds like a lot of games, but we have really tough fixtures
Should we just give it to Ferguson! ? WOW ! Are some of us losing the plot? Inept and does,nt give a ( bad word left out ) In it for the ride only.

Status
Not open for further replies.