Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player wants to leave most clubs will be pretty powerless to stop them going. I'm fairly confident we wont have any players who will kick up a stink to leave. We dont kid ourselves unless we somehow manage to break into that top and play champions league and we arent going to keep players like Neves.

I wouldn't expect any loyalty from your players if they get offered a move. It doesn't exist in this game. Modern footballers are a nasty, selfish bunch on the whole.

We are totally shambolic so I find it hard to read just quite how good any of our opponents are. Your lot won very easily. We gifted goals away very easily. Like we do every week. You were better all over the pitch and I think you can probably play better than that.

This isn't an everton team. This is a group of overpaid mercenaries being managed by a stubborn boss on a vanity project for his own CV. We've conceded 5 set play goals in a week. We have a manager who doesn't value the basics.

You're having a great season and I don't mind Wolves as a club. But the step up to the top 6 is astronomical and very hard. We've set ourselves back years trying to get there through reckless spending. And now look at us.

I suppose FFP will stop us spending recklessly. I'll be happy if we can just add another 2 or 3 better quality players in the summer. Having Mendes helps. I dont think we pick up players like Moutinho for 5 million without his influence.

What you saw today was one well coached team of decent but mostly mediocre players all of whom knew the roles that they had and a collection of individuals who had no idea what they were supposed to do.

That was the worst most insipid display I have seen from an Everton side in 50 years.

There was no effort, intensity or desire and much less team pattern or organisation.

The players are terrible and the manager clueless.

We got battered. Deservedly so. Whoever our defensive coaches are should be sacked. We have become a joke team, get a free kick, get a goal....

I suppose FFP will stop us spending recklessly. I'll be happy if we can just add another 2 or 3 better quality players in the summer. Having Mendes helps. I dont think we pick up players like Moutinho for 5 million without his influence.
Mate you're not all that.

You have a parasitic way of playing that will soon get found out.

Well organised yes definately.. Forward thinking , absolutely not.

I wouldn't expect any loyalty from your players if they get offered a move. It doesn't exist in this game. Modern footballers are a nasty, selfish bunch on the whole.

I dont expect loyalty as such, but i'm confident they will leave on good terms if they leave. We sign players based as much on their temperament, character and attitude as much as their ability.

Cenk for me. A nuisance all game chased everything down held the ball up well and great turn to play in gomes for the goal

We got battered. Deservedly so. Whoever our defensive coaches are should be sacked. We have become a joke team, get a free kick, get a goal....
He keeps saying focus and people on here say zonal is ok because lots play it. The fact is, a small guy jumping against a taller guy is always going to end badly.

Mate you're not all that.

You have a parasitic way of playing that will soon get found out.

Well organised yes definately.. Forward thinking , absolutely not.

You keep telling yourself that. I've heard it all before. We have been told our players wont perform in the harsh English winter, they wont handled the physical side of the game, we will get found out and we just keep going.

Could you explain what a " parasitic way of playing " means. Genuine question, i dont have a clue.

With all due respect, you would be over the moon to be playing football the way we do.

There’s clearly something not right.

The manager hasn’t got the confidence of the players. I don’t think they can see what his plan is.
Neither do I for that matter .
What is it , 6 months ? I still can’t see a style, plan or ethos in our play.

The second issue I beleive is the squad is fractured. I think there are cliques.
I think there is a group of players who haven’t blended in or intergrated enough with those who were already here.
I also think there are a group of old guard players not feeling good about the changes aswell as not playing.

Moral is shot , team togetherness is shot , confidence is shot , the squad is rotten.

Manager and players need to sort it out as a collective unit immediately or go.
Losing to Southampton millwall and wolves is not acceptable!
The football shown and results are a disgrace, if they can’t do if for their team mates, their manager or respect for the club and fans , at least they should do it for the vast amounts of cash they are currently being paid.

Silva imo insulted the fan base who are not happy with the substandard dross we are being shown by saying that it “wasnt mature” of our fans to critique.
He has to get a reality check.
Nothing being produced on that pitch is acceptable or to the standard these players could and should be producing, or to the level this club demands.
I’ve seen better football and playing as a united team in the lower leagues by far less paid and less skilfull players.

You keep telling yourself that. I've heard it all before. We have been told our players wont perform in the harsh English winter, they wont handled the physical side of the game, we will get found out and we just keep going.

Could you explain what a " parasitic way of playing " means. Genuine question, i dont have a clue.

With all due respect, you would be over the moon to be playing football the way we do.
"over the moon playing football like that "

FFS do me a favour I saw us in the 70's and 80's.

Do you remember Billy Wright?

Status
Not open for further replies.