Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we are going to be skint or at least unable to compete in the transfer windows for the foreseeable future, then we MUST employ a manager who has a record of bringing and getting the very best out of of mediocre players.

they are hard to find but they are out there. eddie howe has got the best out of league one type players and kept Bournemouth in the league on a shoe string, Rafael is keeping a very bad Newcastle team up, cos he know how to coach a team and set them up.

silva isn't the man for this job

How to defend set pieces. Mark their players and attack the ball. We did neither (again!) and that is not good enough. We are not playing good football, but at least get the basics right! We are capable of turning this round, but it would surprise me. Get Lookman on for Theo at half time

I want this manager gone. His record from set peices from all his clubs is appalling and we are set to overtake them all. Any team now knows they can beat us . a simple in swinging ball in our box and it's game over.

Seems as there's a lot of finger pointing at kean! I'd have to use all my fingers an 2 toes to point fingers at there, how slow is the build up play, backwards, sideways then do it all again.

Getting made a show of by wolves, can't even move the ball fast. Players getting bullied off the park left right and centre. Got knows what siggurdson and an tosun are doing.

Think if we're ever going to join the top 6 Wed need another complete overhaul.

Embarrassment everton

At what point do you accept zonal is crap. Everyone knows zonal is crap.

The system isn’t really the issue. Plenty of top teams use zonal marking effectively. It’s the implementation and execution of it that has failed spectacularly.

I imagine it helps as a coach having a confident and commanding keeper and competent defenders, which we don’t seem to be blessed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.