Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All jokes a side I think it should be a good game of football . I have no doubt you will be up for this one and with rich in your side who’s the one player I would take in heart beat , and you being at home with the crowd behind there team, could ultimately [Poor language removed] my prediction completely up .

Win lose or draw I certainly would not be swapping managers as I believe Nuno is light years ahead of Marco silva when it comes to tactics . He always believes in playing the same way no matter who the opposition and only buys players that fit into his system. This is why in seasons to come I’m confident wolves can make a better fist than you lot have of bridging that gap to the top six . Our owners want the premier league title within 10 years , and as far fetched and delusional as it may seem , i may just get myself down the bookies this weekend and see what odds I can drag out of mr William . all the best for the rest of the season :)

Bless you, you obviously have no idea how big that gap is, Only Spurs have managed it without a rich owner windfall and they still haven't won a thing. The gap is a lot bigger and a lot harder to bridge than you seem to think it is. It gets real frustrating real quick when nothing you do closes the gap and the big lads can simply go out and rebuild a new team whenever they want, not as easy for the likes of us.

I cannot be the first to mention this, but light years isnt a measurement of time, its distance.
Indeed. A light year equates to nearly 10 trillion kilometres in distance. And the 'average' distance between the sun and the earth is 8 light minutes (which is to say, if the sun suddenly disappeared, we wouldn't notice it until 8 minutes had elapsed).
Regardless, both Wolves and ourselves are a significant distance from attaining 'top 6' status. So I guess you might claim "we're light years away".

Indeed. A light year equates to nearly 10 trillion kilometres in distance. And the 'average' distance between the sun and the earth is 8 light minutes (which is to say, if the sun suddenly disappeared, we wouldn't notice it until 8 minutes had elapsed).
Regardless, both Wolves and ourselves are a significant distance from attaining 'top 6' status. So I guess you might claim "we're light years away".
Applauding the exactitude of your response here. However whilst it is absolutely correct to say that a Light Year is a measure of distance, it is the distance traveled by light during one year. so the time element cannot be ignored. That element is consistently one earth rotation around the sun, 365.25 days. So to say we are light years (plural) away, would imply at least 2 years - which could be accurate in a bizarrely optimistic Steve Walsh/George W Bush kind of world.....

Really looking forward to this one.

Finally get to see our little Joao Moutinho running out to Z-Cars, tears in my eyes.

Need to be winning this tho.

Few Little stats

• Everton have lost just one of their last 14 home matches against Wolves in all competitions (W8 D5), a 2-3 defeat in September 1979 in a top-flight encounter.
  • Five of the last seven Premier League meetings between Everton and Wolves have ended as draws, with the Toffees winning the other two in 2011.
  • Everton have won 21 of their last 25 home matches in all competitions in February (D3 L1).
  • Everton have won 18 of their last 21 home Premier League matches against newly-promoted teams (D2 L1), winning each of their last 10 in a row.
  • Wolves have won 10 Premier League games this season – just one fewer than their highest tally in a single Premier League campaign, winning 11 in the 2010-11 season.
  • Wolves are looking to score three or more goals in three consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since March 1980.
  • Everton have won just one of their eight Premier League games this season against teams starting the day higher than them in the table (W1 D2 L5), losing the last four in a row.
  • Against Huddersfield Town, Everton defender Lucas Digne became the 10th player to be sent off under Marco Silva in the Premier League – no manager has seen more players red carded since Silva’s first match in charge in January 2017.
  • Wolves midfielder João Moutinho has registered four Premier League assists in 2019 – double the number of any other player.
  • Everton striker Cenk Tosun has had a hand in four goals in six Premier League appearances against newly-promoted sides (3 goals, 1 assist).

Applauding the exactitude of your response here. However whilst it is absolutely correct to say that a Light Year is a measure of distance, it is the distance traveled by light during one year. so the time element cannot be ignored. That element is consistently one earth rotation around the sun, 365.25 days. So to say we are light years (plural) away, would imply at least 2 years - which could be accurate in a bizarrely optimistic Steve Walsh/George W Bush kind of world.....
lol....very good Charles.

IMO @davek , has nailed it , expect an open attacking game which will suit Silva and the team , hopefully get the crowd going as well

3-2 to the Toffees COYB !!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.