Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife, daughter, and I are on the train from Manchester airport on Friday morning, heading to Liverpool after getting off the red eye from JFK. A husband and wife get on a few stops before Lime Street. They hear our American accents and see my wife prod me awake and remark that we must have traveled a long way and what brings us to Liverpool? We say that we’re Everton supporters and we’re heading to a match. She rolls her eyes smiles and shakes her head, she’s a Red, but her husbands a Blue. He seems delighted that a bunch of Yanks have come so far for what seems like very little reward other than to get stick from his wife, like he has done for 30 years.

Train pulls in to Lime Street. I’m pulling the bags out of the racks. My wife and daughter step out to the platform. The kindly gent hands something to my wife and says “give this to your husband” and they’re off.

This is worn down to the bare metal. I don’t know how many years he’s had his keys on it but it’s been a long time. A two minute conversation with some weirdo on a train and he gifts it.

I was overwhelmed. Tearing up a bit now again typing it out tbh. I sometimes have trouble explaining to American friends not steeped in footy culture what has grabbed me about this club…. and here it is. Those who understand need no explanation.

If this is you, or if your grandfather, dad, uncle or brother told you about gifting his key fob to some Yank yesterday, You were gone before I could give proper thanks but please know that this made me really happy.

Now I’m not even going to complain about how the stewards of our club aren’t fit to scrub the floors of the rank and file Blues who fill the stands and pay their wages. I’ve come a long way for this. Let’s just smash these today, get that big Italian fellow in, and get on with it.

NSNO
UTFT
71466541766__02B49414-F09A-4D39-A922-62B02AF726B1.jpeg

So my wife, daughter, and I are on the train from Manchester airport on Friday morning, heading to Liverpool after getting off the red eye from JFK....
UTFT
This might be my favourite post ever on this website. What a gesture. But don't forget, in gifting this to you he was recognising your own loyalty and support, i.e travelling across the globe to support a club in crisis and a club he has obviously loved for aeons. Born not manufactured. Have a great day buddy!

So my wife, daughter, and I are on the train from Manchester airport on Friday morning, heading to Liverpool after getting off the red eye from JFK. A husband and wife get on a few stops before Lime Street. They hear our American accents and see my wife prod me awake and remark that we must have traveled a long way and what brings us to Liverpool? We say that we’re Everton supporters and we’re heading to a match. She rolls her eyes smiles and shakes her head, she’s a Red, but her husbands a Blue. He seems delighted that a bunch of Yanks have come so far for what seems like very little reward other than to get stick from his wife, like he has done for 30 years.

Train pulls in to Lime Street. I’m pulling the bags out of the racks. My wife and daughter step out to the platform. The kindly gent hands something to my wife and says “give this to your husband” and they’re off.

This is worn down to the bare metal. I don’t know how many years he’s had his keys on it but it’s been a long time. A two minute conversation with some weirdo on a train and he gifts it.

I was overwhelmed. Tearing up a bit now again typing it out tbh. I sometimes have trouble explaining to American friends not steeped in footy culture what has grabbed me about this club…. and here it is. Those who understand need no explanation.

If this is you, or if your grandfather, dad, uncle or brother told you about gifting his key fob to some Yank yesterday, You were gone before I could give proper thanks but please know that this made me really happy.

Now I’m not even going to complain about how the stewards of our club aren’t fit to scrub the floors of the rank and file Blues who fill the stands and pay their wages. I’ve come a long way for this. Let’s just smash these today, get that big Italian fellow in, and get on with it.

NSNO
UTFTView attachment 224468

Perhaps he no longer wanted to support us after the villa game?

NSNO
Love this. As bad as our club is run lately it always makes me so glad I was born an Evertonian.
Those that know....

Enjoy your day, you and you're blue family no matter what the result

UTFT

Why oh why did I make my son a blue so he insists we watch together? Just 90 mins of shame and guilt
Same here. Sad fact is that at 23 years old he's only ever known us to be crap.
I tell him that unfortunately as a young kid, when I decided to support everton in mid 80's they were the best.

Rumours patto dropped, young right back and myko in at LB. Keane still starting. Danjuma up top and dobbin on the left.

Young, at right back...here comes the square pegs in round holes scenario we are so used to.
Keane starting..we'll dyche is hanging his fan support on this one paying off.

NSNO

Thats a story to lift our hearts....God knows we need it. You're so right, we don't need an explanation. Its simply being an Evertonian. We need one though and get none for other reasons from the hierarchy suffocating and draining the life from our club. Little things mean a lot....and I hope this kind gesture to you brings us three points today to lift us off the deck. Hope the three of you enjoy your time here with us.....bring us some luck and "the spirit of the blues"

Status
Not open for further replies.