Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….I expect we’ll get passed off the park. I expect the atmosphere to be subdued. If we manage a win it could be like Fulham in reverse.
I agree with this, at home it will be backs to the wall, Wolves having all the possession and Keane Pickford Patterson playing It long to a lonely Maupay who looks like he is trying but realise he has no chance of getting near the ball, we will get the odd corner, the crowd go mad and clap Garner who takes it but gets headed out and Wolves break.
Keane plays 0-3
Doesn't play 0-1

Hopefully, we can get off the mark both goals wise and points wise. It will be interesting to see how the atmosphere is tomorrow.

What id like to see

Pickford
Patterson Tark Branthwaite Young

Garner Onana
Dobbin Danjuma

Maupay
Chermiti
---------------------------------------------------------------
What we will see
Pickford
Patterson Tark Keane Young

Garner Onana
Dobbin Danjuma
Doucoure
Maupay

The reasons for both are pretty similar and it is due to what players we have. I understand Dyche's reluctance to play branthwaite considering the boy has only played 10 first team games for us and also came late in pre season, i don't subscribe to the fact hes locked in to Keane i genuinely believe he is looking for JB to tick a few more boxes before bringing him in. Hearing the presser it seems like Ben Godfrey is an outside chance too, seems to be positive on him.
like to see maupay joking arnt u

I understand Dyche's reluctance to play branthwaite considering the boy has only played 10 first team games for us and also came late in pre season

This is a terrible argument.

He came in the same time as James Garner (starts for us) and doesn't matter how many games he's played for us, we're gash, he's just done a full season at title winning PSV and playing Europa League games.

i have a feeling we will win tomorrow, there is no reason why I feel that way and if I was a betting man I wouldn’t bet on it but I do think we will win somehow tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.