Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a deeply-embedded and only vaguely irrational dislike of West Ham:
1. They have a free £1000000000 stadium and do nothing but moan about it. WT actual F.
2. They knocked us out in the last minute of injury time in the semi-final replay of the 1980 FA Cup - the first time as a kid I knew the pain that was to come as an Everton fan. Frank Lampard senior, if I recall.

I have a deeply-embedded and only vaguely irrational dislike of West Ham:
1. They have a free £1000000000 stadium and do nothing but moan about it. WT actual F.
2. They knocked us out in the last minute of injury time in the semi-final replay of the 1980 FA Cup - the first time as a kid I knew the pain that was to come as an Everton fan. Frank Lampard senior, if I recall.
I've never forgiven Lampard for that. As result Lampard Jnr is hated in equal measure.

I was going to say if we have Rondon upfront it will be like going to a gunfight with a butter knife, then I remembered this is west ham and they don't have guns, so need to downgrade them to something more fitting.
Rondon is just used to lull them into a false sense of security.

I know we're not allowed talk about our record signing, but does anyone know what the hell is going on with that situation? Contract terminated? Court case arranged? Sentence given? I'm not passing any judgement on what did or didn't happen, but surely there should be some update.

If either DCL or Richarlison are fit they start up front. Townsend and Gray on the wings, Iwobi as a 10. The usual 2 in CM. Hopefully Coleman and Digne are fit to cover full back. Keane and Godfrey at CB as Mina is so late back from international duties. Hopefully the one that doesn't start out of DCL and Richarlison is available for the bench 4-2-3-1. That team should be able to grind out a 2-1 win.

Don't think I will be watching this one , :(
As whenever I make a prediction on this thread we lose , and cant get myself to go for a loss
3-2 Everton
awaits hate posts after match:rant:

If either DCL or Richarlison are fit they start up front. Townsend and Gray on the wings, Iwobi as a 10. The usual 2 in CM. Hopefully Coleman and Digne are fit to cover full back. Keane and Godfrey at CB as Mina is so late back from international duties. Hopefully the one that doesn't start out of DCL and Richarlison is available for the bench 4-2-3-1. That team should be able to grind out a 2-1 win.
I think Mina will play, he’s in superb form
And we need him. And I can’t see iwobi staring.

For Rafael, supposedly a defensive manager and we obviously don’t have loads of possession. He still likes to go with a 442. With a split striker. And he seems he prefers pace in them 4 positions. I can see Gordon keeping his place, If only one of DCL and Richarlison are fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.