Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeo, said the other day. People get so frustrated by Gylfi because he has the technique and a good level of ability.
Just does not show it enough or seem arsed to show it.

True, he's frustrating.

He's been fairly good so far this season. Hopefully he keeps it up.

All those doomster predictions of us having to score loads were well wide of the mark, admittedly they made eight changes but the way we're ripping sides apart I'm not so sure it would have been massively different anyway.

Players Rating:

Pickford - 7, a save and a miss evens it out. A few out of bound clearance. The miss attributed again to his shorter span.

Kenny - 6.5, average performance, need improve in physical and speed.

Keane - 8.5, commanding figure in defence, and 1 great turn and assist.

Digne - 7.5, did his duty.

Nkounkou - 7.5, marked the likes of Yarmolenko, didn't exhibit the usual flair down the flanks

Allan - 8, covered most defensive gaps but missed out on 1 crucial one

Delph - 8, extra half point for playing above himself, exerting his midfield presence and extra efforts in advancing

Sigurdsson - 7.5, thrived under stronger midfield companies, showed glimpses of his true self, incisive assist

James - 8.5, the flair and source of creativity, dictating team rhythm

DCL - 9, hattrick

Richarlison - 8.5, always 100% front and back, a tireless worker, crucial goal to keep team moral up

Coleman - 7.5, usual fast footwork in defence, though at fault partly for the goal's assist

Doucoure - 8, revved up the midfield as he came on, adding defensive presence and burst of energy forward

Iwobi - 7.5, always needed 5min to warm up those legs, a little bit inconsistent but moment of spark provided the assist

Carlos - 9, mastermind and risk taker, hopefully the injuries resulted are minor

Utt! Let's bag one more win before international break.

Last edited:
....memorable moments; Keane’s (yes, Keane) pirouette and through ball for the first followed by DCL’s sublime 1st touch and composed finish; Rodriguez scrumptious through ball for the Richarlison disallowed goal.

Rodriguez and Digne were terrific. Really surprised at Digne’s terrier-like defensive qualities. A totally different but still effective display from Nkounkou keeping Yarmelenko quiet.

DCL has to be MoM, just imagine how many goals he’d score in the Championship if many posters on here got their way.

DCL, wow, if I was Everton Manager he'd be long, absolutely made up for him.
Carlo, thank God he's our manager

Special mention to the kid Nkounkou, I've seen Yarmelenko give some defenders a torrid time, it was vice versa here.

After many hours of thought DCL must have my vote just for the first goal alone but every touch Hameez makes gives me this feeling of joy .
For all the younger supporters he is the nearest thing to Alex Young I have seen in a blue shirt ,not got his heading ability which was fantastic -yet -but every touch seems to be one step ahead of the defenders ,brilliant .
Ridiculous to mark the players down when we have scored so many goals in 6 games .They all played well .

Status
Not open for further replies.