Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright chaps, depressed Hammer here giving our view:

We are not expecting anything from this one, out of our next six, Macclesfield at home in the Milk Cup is about the only winnable game we feel.
As you'll all already know, we've got a horrific record up at your place, regardless, we're looking forward to visiting a 'proper' football ground, Goodison is easily one of my favourites.

So far, our performances have been pretty poor. Defensively, we are a shambles, porous, open and to be exploited. Attacking-wise, we actually look decent, we create chance after chance, can't finish for toffee though (sorry).

If Arnautovic and co get a bit more clinical, the best we could hope for is a 2-2 IMO. Unfortunately, I see us going 2 down first half, nicking one back then you'll wrap it up 3-1 late on.

I suppose the one saving grace we have is your injury/suspension list. I think there's a player in Tosun but again he's not clinical so perhaps going forward you may not punish us quite as harshly as Arsenal did (we should have won that game tbf).

One player I was intrigued to see was Bernard as we were heavily linked with him throughout the summer and he's supposed to be top drawer, however, it seems no-one is putting him in their starting line-ups, what's the crack with him?

We are not expecting anything from this one, out of our next six, Macclesfield at home in the Milk Cup is about the only winnable game we feel.
As you'll all already know, we've got a horrific record up at your place, regardless, we're looking forward to visiting a 'proper' football ground, Goodison is easily one of my favourites.

So far, our performances have been pretty poor. Defensively, we are a shambles, porous, open and to be exploited. Attacking-wise, we actually look decent, we create chance after chance, can't finish for toffee though (sorry).

If Arnautovic and co get a bit more clinical, the best we could hope for is a 2-2 IMO. Unfortunately, I see us going 2 down first half, nicking one back then you'll wrap it up 3-1 late on.

I suppose the one saving grace we have is your injury/suspension list. I think there's a player in Tosun but again he's not clinical so perhaps going forward you may not punish us quite as harshly as Arsenal did (we should have won that game tbf).

One player I was intrigued to see was Bernard as we were heavily linked with him throughout the summer and he's supposed to be top drawer, however, it seems no-one is putting him in their starting line-ups, what's the crack with him?
Bernard is not fully fit and had a slight injury concern after the Bournemouth game

I don't think Silva will rush him into the first team anytime soon

You'll not have a better chance to pick up something at Goodison. If you don't, then I'd be worried if I were you.

Bernard is not fully fit and had a slight injury concern after the Bournemouth game

I don't think Silva will rush him into the first team anytime soon

Fair enough, that's a big positive for us, having nightmares picturing Mark Noble trying to get near him...

You'll not have a better chance to pick up something at Goodison. If you don't, then I'd be worried if I were you.

I'm already pretty worried in all honesty! December is where we have the opportunity to pick up a few points but we could be right in the mire by then.

I am interested to see how Silva sets up, he's clearly a talented motivator and tactician and yet there are still question marks over his brief stints at Hull and Watford.

Fair enough, that's a big positive for us, having nightmares picturing Mark Noble trying to get near him...

I'm already pretty worried in all honesty! December is where we have the opportunity to pick up a few points but we could be right in the mire by then.

I am interested to see how Silva sets up, he's clearly a talented motivator and tactician and yet there are still question marks over his brief stints at Hull and Watford.

I think we are all interested in how Silva will set up, hopefully we play two up front and try to pin West Ham back.

Status
Not open for further replies.