Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A glance at a Spurs forum reveals their supporters' belief that Everton do nothing but foul and dive and that all the refs hate Spurs and never give them a break.

All fans are the same.
I play 6 a side with a guy who's been a RS fan for 25 or so years and believes the same thing for the RS somehow.

🤷‍♂️

I just don't think we can pass properly or run athletically
We play wearing diving boots and feet stuck in clay
All we can do is boot the ball into the box from useless crosses or corners
I know staying up is our ambition but it has been for quite a while now
I wish we had more creativity
What we need is a fast wide player like Gordon, a good creative midfielder like Barkley, and a goalscorer like richarlison, if only we could find them .

A deserved draw today and, with a better forward option we could have stolen it.
The Spurs theatrics really pee’d me off all game...I counted five times when they lost tackles they went down holding their heads and rolling around. Udogie, Maddison twice, Richarlison and Starr all did it....and the keeper after our late equaliser was a total embarrassment.

Giving DCL the goal was laughable - it seemed pretty cleat it was Harrison’s.

We have the 3rd or 4th best defensive record in the league - however our woeful finishing is what’s letting us down. Pretty much every game we create decent chances but don’t convert them. DCL needs to either up his contribution or park his backside on the bench - he is so frustrating to watch week in week out.

So we had had pressure on the keeper on corners in the first half and it was working a treat, led to the goal.. 2nd half and we stopped doing it.🤦
Tbf the ref gave a foul every time and then he started catching the back post ones. Didn't do anything for the equaliser though did he the sheethouse

A deserved draw today and, with a better forward option we could have stolen it.
The Spurs theatrics really pee’d me off all game...I counted five times when they lost tackles they went down holding their heads and rolling around. Udogie, Maddison twice, Richarlison and Starr all did it....and the keeper after our late equaliser was a total embarrassment.

We have the 3rd or 4th best defensive record in the league - however our woeful finishing is what’s letting us down. Pretty much every game we create decent chances but don’t convert them. DCL needs to either up his contribution or park his backside on the bench - he is so frustrating to watch week in week out.
Funny because they've given it to Harrison but I still can't see why 😂😂😂

This. The time wasting and slowing down the game was a deliberate tactic I think to spoil the momentum we had built in the first half. It made it difficult for us to really get into the second half. In my book it’s cheating but I’d imagine they think they are being clever.

Credit where credit is due. DCL deserved the goal - but it was Harrisons last touch literally on the goal line.
It was DCL's effort that was going in though - Harrison would not have 'scored' without DCL's goal bound header.