Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mason holgate played 5 league games for southampton

5-0 debut defeat to sunderland - he lasted 64 minutes
2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough - he lasted 45 minutes
1-0 win against Stoke - he came off the bench in the 93rd minute
2-2 draw with Preston - played full game
2-1 win against West Brom - played full game

he hasn't played a league game for southampton since that win against west brom on 11th November 2023, almost 3 months ago

he was probably fed up at southampton and demanded to come back so we tried to see if we could find another loan for him in january and sheffield united were interested

think we initially wanted a fee which put sheffield united off but i guess we must have given in on deadline day and said to them fine no fee just take him off our hands for the rest of the season
Best of luck to him at Sheff Utd but he is really not a great player.

Tremendous grit and work rate all over the pitch. Couldn’t understand how we were losing at half time and spurs came into it second half. Gueye and Garner I thought were excellent. DCL very good in the first half in terms of leading the line and looking after the ball.

Maybe it’s me but I found Spurs going down every two minutes very frustrating and a big reason why we didn’t have the first half momentum in the second half. Lots of tactical fouls, time wasting, head injuries! and staying down to get the game stopped. I was surprised when the board went up that it was only 7 minutes given the number of stoppages and subs. Newcastle were the same when they visited last season.

It would have been a travesty if we didn’t get anything from that.
We were the better side 1st half and the second half was scrappy. They shaded the 2nd half tbf.
The ref was absolutely garbage though. Beto’s shirt was pulled when he went for the cross and should have had a pen. But we all know what happens next like don’t we?

they looked nervous in possession to me. Rushed and misplaced easy passes
I just don't think we can pass properly or run athletically
We play wearing diving boots and feet stuck in clay
All we can do is boot the ball into the box from useless crosses or corners
I know staying up is our ambition but it has been for quite a while now
I wish we had more creativity

I thought we were very lucky to go in a goal down at half-time. Played the better of the two teams overall in the first half.

Spurs probably just edged the second half but in the end I think we deserved at least the point.

Gana was my man of the match. Covered every blade of grass and made a lot of important tackles and interceptions. He's very clever with his body to turn players when going into challenges.