Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been OK. We've been competitive so far, hopefully playing in Europe catches up with them second half. Need a big performance from someone off the bench but none of them on there seem the type capable. Maybe tosun

The wing back is Gordon's job, Sons out wide left and that's Colemans job. He's young he makes mistakes, doesn't mean I can't point them out.
I agree; he’s young and has many many years ahead of him at Everton. Great captain... I love his motivational videos he puts out after a bad loss. He gets plenty of practice at those. Needs to work on his crosses though.

This is much much better than recent weeks.

Makes a change to see us playing on the front foot without the ball, going after it, pressing high rather than dropping everyone back. Yes it’s risky when you have poor 1v1 defenders at the back (I’m looking at you, Michael!) but it’s much more exciting to watch. The fans are responding well to it too.

Nice to see us trying a 4-3-3 as well, seems to have worked in getting Allan further forward to press.

I just wish we had a bit more quality on the ball.

My only concern is that Spurs got into HT at 0-0; they never would never have expected this from us, so it will have taken them by surprise. However, now they have the interval to adapt to our system change & different tactical approach.

Need to try and play through them more, we’re crossing to three centre backs and Richie, which isn’t ideal. There’s something here for us for sure.

I was thinking that it would be classic for Everton to win this game, and it seems possible as Spurs putting it lightly haven't been quite good recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.