Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all think ourselves lucky RM gave Mirallas any minutes at all. Scandalous misuse all season long of a quality player.

Hopefully the injury is minor... knowing our luck, it won't be.

To be honest though mate, and I know it was only the first half hour, but from what we saw Kev and Del from the start just doesn't work. Not enough balance to the side.

Utter, utter bobbins.

If someone operating the checkout at Asda gets verbal stick from a succession of customers, will that suddenly make them less competent at carrying out the tasks assigned to a checkout operator? Nope.

What about train drivers? EVERYONE hates train drivers, they get it in the neck all day long. Don't see them accidentally reversing the thing into a tree the next day though.

Estate Agents are massive weapons and therefore must get constant barracking from buyers and sellers alike - how many of them go to work the next day and forget how to take photos of bedrooms because Mr. and Mrs. Simpkins from yesterday called them a lazy git?

Any footballer who says they can't play because they are afraid of the crowd giving them verbal is, in my humble opinion, a very weak-minded person. I'd go so far as to say that they'd struggle in several other lines of work too if they are unable to take criticism.

Part of the job of a top-level footballer is parading your talent in front of your fans - these fans pay a chunk of the wages and have expectations. It's NOT reasonable to demand that the players win every game, because life isn't like that. It IS reasonable however for the fans to expect the players to VISIBLY make the effort, to create the IMPRESSION that they are trying to get a result. Part of that is NOT making stupid decisions every week, or taking HUGELY unnecessary risks. This dovetails nicely into the reasons why it's acceptable for the fans to demand more from the manager too.

Top level football is played in front of crowds of 40,000+ and if you can't handle that, then you can't be a top-level footballer.

Sorry mate but that's twaddle. 36,000 screaming and booing at a 22 year old for a loose touch or a 21 year old for an error which actually the goalkeeper was equally at fault for, if not more, is not gonna help them in the slightest. It's been the same at Goodison for 18 months, even when we've had good days there - e.g. vs Utd last season, vs. Sunderland.

The players and manager need to do their part, yes, but so do the crowd.

Wow, reading this thread really does show you why the players fear playing at Goodison. That's right, our team is too nervous to perform infront of our own fans because of the abuse they get.

It's nothing but hate and anger for players and management from the 'support'
Well done lads, hope your proud.

That's exactly how I felt at the game yesterday. I took two Belgian lads and unfortunately sat them in the Gwladys Street. They were totally bemused at the abuse and negativity aimed at the players and thought they were in the away end!

The same bunch of clowns giving players abuse will be the same ones who fume and blame the Club when the same players hand in a transfer request because they're fed up of getting grief. Stones is clearly affected by it - Barkley seems to be coping better. Some absolute tosser gave Gerry some unbelievable stick at one point in the second half yesterday because he looked knackered after chasing Routledge....sure, he should be fitter, but Christ he's a young player in a really tough league trying to make his way. It was virtually face to face in the Paddock so Gerry heard every bit of it...hopefully his command of Scouse isn't that hot yet.

We should all think ourselves lucky RM gave Mirallas any minutes at all. Scandalous misuse all season long of a quality player.

Hopefully the injury is minor... knowing our luck, it won't be.

Mirallas hasn't been arsed all season. Talented player with a poor attitude and a massive ego. His sending off in the Capital One Cup summed him up this season.....petulant. He's got to earn his place in the team. Two wingers doesn't work and Gerry is generally doing the business so he needs to get his head down and work harder. Lennon is ahead of him at the moment I reckon. In truth I think the lad just wants a move, another pay day and to go play in a less taxing league.
Shame, as on the odd day he's great.

That's exactly how I felt at the game yesterday. I took two Belgian lads and unfortunately sat them in the Gwladys Street. They were totally bemused at the abuse and negativity aimed at the players and thought they were in the away end!

The same bunch of clowns giving players abuse will be the same ones who fume and blame the Club when the same players hand in a transfer request because they're fed up of getting grief. Stones is clearly affected by it - Barkley seems to be coping better. Some absolute tosser gave Gerry some unbelievable stick at one point in the second half yesterday because he looked knackered after chasing Routledge....sure, he should be fitter, but Christ he's a young player in a really tough league trying to make his way. It was virtually face to face in the Paddock so Gerry heard every bit of it...hopefully his command of Scouse isn't that hot yet.

This is terrible. Everyone thinks they get paid lots of money so deserve every insult they get. It's ridiculous. They're people too, and in the case of Ross and Stones, would still be at university if they weren't footballers. How about some perspective here. We should build these guys up, not tear them down!!

This is terrible. Everyone thinks they get paid lots of money so deserve every insult they get. It's ridiculous. They're people too, and in the case of Ross and Stones, would still be at university if they weren't footballers. How about some perspective here. We should build these guys up, not tear them down!!

To be fair mate, don't think either would be at university haha. The point is a good one though! ;)

They would be sophomores in the states. When I was 20 I was paying a koff ton of money to smoke weed, get drunk and meet girls. They're doing damn well by my metric.

Haha, I just meant that well, without being too harsh, Ross isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and well, while Stones isn't thick, he did used to get disciplined by Barnsley when he was 16 as, numerous times, he and his mates would ride their mopeds around at speed in an ASDA car-park... at night... with no helmet on... and crash into each other.

Nearly got sacked by the club but got away with a warning and well, we're all the better for it aren't we!

Watching the game on telly it seemed to me that most of the crowd were resigned and apathetic to the dross

Status
Not open for further replies.