• Swansea

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Draw mate

Votes: 25 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the ball after you have just scored takes the sting out of the opposition's willingness to respond quickly. Possibly?

I wouldn't mind that for a 5 minute period, but even Burnley managed to build up a decent head of steam against us after our goal. Chelsea are superb at keeping possession and still threatening the other team, they are the model to follow. Funnily enough, even they broke their own mould against united and sat back the last 5 minutes, and look what happened there too.

Oh and @chicoazul I actually enjoyed reading that. Nice balance of snark and cynical generalizations blended together in a preview of the game.
Proofreading it aloud to yourself tends to help you find and solve those little grammatical errors that pop up on occasion in your back-catalogue.

I wouldn't mind that for a 5 minute period, but even Burnley managed to build up a decent head of steam against us after our goal. Chelsea are superb at keeping possession and still threatening the other team, they are the model to follow. Funnily enough, even they broke their own mould against united and sat back the last 5 minutes, and look what happened there too.

I'm not sure it's a factor we can control. A lot of games have that dynamic because of a shifting mindset in both teams. How often do you see teams who are behind by a goal find the impetus to lay siege to their opponent's penalty are in the last ten minutes of a game? I think when you have nothing to lose going in that end of a game, you're more likely to take risks because you have nothing to lose, while the team ahead as everything to lose.

I'm not sure it's a factor we can control. A lot of games have that dynamic because of a shifting mindset in both teams. How often do you see teams who are behind by a goal find the impetus to lay siege to their opponent's penalty are in the last ten minutes of a game? I think when you have nothing to lose going in that end of a game, you're more likely to take risks because you have nothing to lose, while the team ahead as everything to lose.

My post on the previous page says what I meant better than the above mate.

My post on the previous page says what I meant better than the above mate.

Ah. I still think what I said kind of applies. The problem is, as you have said, we are never tonking the other team by 3 or 4 goals. If the opposition are never really out of the game, there will always be periods when they'll have the belief to drive at us. Chelsea kill the game well, but they have a ridiculous squad. Every other team, including City, United and Liverpool suffer the same problem as us.

Edit: It's difficult during those periods to counter because we're being pressed in our own half and they have momentum. I'm not really explaining it well. Football happens. We play the football. Then the other team footballs right back at us until we finally close off the football with some defensive footballing.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the game is being shown on any Asian tv channels?

I'm in Vietnam at the minute and asked in a few bars if they have Everton on but only the RS, arsenal and Chelsea games are being advertised

Let's be realistic we have best fullbacks in the league(if not in the world)we have barkley,best young player,we have eto'o and lukaku in attack and it could only be better if stones and mirallas were not injured so if you ask me i would tell if all of thease players are going to play it is going to be 3-0 without one of them 2-1 LET'S WINN THIS!!!!! COYB :)

Ah. I still think what I said kind of applies. The problem is, as you have said, we are never tonking the other team by 3 or 4 goals. If the opposition are never really out of the game, there will always be periods when they'll have the belief to drive at us. Chelsea kill the game well, but they have a ridiculous squad. Every other team, including City, United and Liverpool suffer the same problem as us.

Edit: It's difficult during those periods to counter because we're being pressed in our own half and they have momentum. I'm not really explaining it well. Football happens. We play the football. Then the other team footballs right back at us until we finally close off the football with some defensive footballing.

See what you're saying mate. I'd counter that by saying that we should at least try to push for a second rather than sit back and try to absorb the other team. That way if they do score at least its less likely to have come from an individual error in our own half, as has happened a lot this season with out possession for possessions sake ethos.

Status
Not open for further replies.