Everton v Sunderland. Sat 9th Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobson should have started the FA cup final, Hibbo wasn't ready for that game.

Hibbert is a good solid right back probably currently slightly better than Coleman. The important thing is Coleman has the potential to be excellent and could be a top right back rather than ok which is what we need.

This. Also selling Lucas Neill got 50p when he was a better option than Hibbert was another Moyes shocker.

I always thought of Hibbert being a back-up for games where we're going to be defending quite a bit. In that sense he's usually "solid".

Otherwise we really shouldn't be playing him at all.

Gotta agree with this, Coleman is improving out of sight and is so good going for but based on defending only HIbbert is our best right back.

Based on having any aspirations for progressing as a club, why the hell anyone would want Hibbert regularly in our team is beyond me.

Fact.

(Remember, saying "fact" makes your opinion sound more important.)

Based on having any aspirations for progressing as a club, why the hell anyone would want Hibbert regularly in our team is beyond me.

Fact.

(Remember, saying "fact" makes your opinion sound more important.)

It's Benitez approved!

Former-Liverpool-manager-Rafael-Benitez-looking-to-return-to-the-Premier-League-61119.jpg

About to unleash 12 hours worth of opinion + responses to pages of posts. So bear with. Here goes.

Love a good old multi-quote long post and I agreed with pretty much every word of it up until ...

I think he would be much better suited playing just off Jelavic. We should have him play there instead of Fellaini.

I don't disagree Naismith would be better there than he's been on the side. But he wouldn't be better than Fellaini. Fellaini dropping back a bit worked in this game for a very particular reason (Bong had a great review as usual: http://theexecutionersbong.wordpres...deconstruction-of-game-changing-substitution/) but in most games the formation with Fellaini in the hole has got us into fourth. I swear we could play with Fellaini in the hole and win the league and get a 100m offer form Barca for Fellaini and people would still be suggesting he'd be better at DM.

Are people serious about putting Hibbert back in for Coleman?

Coleman may not be quite the defender that Hibbert is but his forward play is 10x better in my opinion. The only thing Hibbert has over his is maybe crossing, and Coleman is catching up with him in that regard. Coleman is also young and has the potential to improve, putting Hibbert back there is a step backwards in every sense.

The game prior to this one (I think) in which he helped created a goal and was then perhaps at fault for conceding a goal pretty much sums it up. Hibbo might not have let that goal in but he also wouldn't have created the goal Coleman did. So it's about even right now and Coleman will (hopefully) get better defensively. I am not a Hibbo-hater though -- I think he's a solid enough RB and right now it's 50/50 but you have to give the tie-breaker to youth. There are certain games it might make sense to play Hibbo though and I don't think people should freak out if he's in the side once in a while once he's healthy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.