Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's been 'ok' in his last 5 appearances. And pienaar hugged the line a hell of a lot more than Kone who's first instinct is to abandon the left back, leaving that player completely isolated.

How do you know its his instinct rather than his instructions to be where is on the pitch? I'd say its more likely to be tactical with the mids required to also help out at LB. Unfortunately without Baines we had to shift our attacking focus to the right. That will change now and we should have more balance.

Lets see how it goes today anywho.

I think Robles is crap. I see no reason to fume at a team sheet.

It happens here every week though and I laugh at it. Our defensive frailties go far beyond the keeper. We allow way too many shots on target...one of the worst in the league. Stones and Funes Mori have a job to do today.
I think your crap so what?

I wanted to vote more than just 'sort the goalkeeper out' but I would at least try that before going for option 3. If option 3 will not do option 1 then option 3 for a new broom who will do option 1 and sort option 2.

* I should have said Spam Robot probably.

I'm still trying to work this team selection out. Cleverly hobbles off injured last week and was in a rush to be fit today, why risk him? Put Besic in there and keep him for the cup ffs.

Fair enough he helped Kone and stood by him when a lot of fans turned their back, he got his reward. But he has to drop him now. He isn't playing well and there are much better players available.

I can see why Lennon is playing. Pochettino hung him out to dry and here's his chance to prove a point. No need for Kone to be starting though. Actually feel sorry for Kev.

I think Robles is crap. I see no reason to fume at a team sheet.

It happens here every week though and I laugh at it. Our defensive frailties go far beyond the keeper. We allow way too many shots on target...one of the worst in the league. Stones and Funes Mori have a job to do today.
Howards confidence is shot he needs taking out for his own good.
You are right about the defensive frailties but the manager does not seem to know how to fix it.

not at all, their back 4 is excellent. We might edge them on paper going forward but the defence is no contest, and don't even get me started about the keepers.

I know they've got excellent defensive stats but

Walker over Coleman?!
Vertonghen over Stones?!
Davies over Baines?!

Either I (we?) massively overestimate the quality of our own players, or massively underestimate the quality of opposition players?

Kyle Walker FFS? We used to take the mick out of him?!

I know they've got excellent defensive stats but

Walker over Coleman?!
Vertonghen over Stones?!
Davies over Baines?!

Either I (we?) massively overestimate the quality of our own players, or massively underestimate the quality of opposition players?

Kyle Walker FFS? We used to take the mick out of him?!
I honestly think we overrate Stones. He's a bit David Luiz at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.