Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems strange fearing Spurs as their team looks weaker than ours on paper - Unfortunately they've managed to get some results unlike us
conceeded lowest as well in the league,as well as been one of the top scoring teams,sure Lukaku might not have scored v these

Yeah we'll win this 2-0.

Lukaku (right foot toe poke), and Barry (eyes closed header).

Proper Everton that.

When's the last time he had two game in a week?
Honestly Davek if a keeper is incapable of playing 2 games in a week then he wouldn't be a professional footballer. That's neither her or there either, Robles doesn't start because the manager isn't brave enough to drop Howard. It certainly isn't for Howard's great form between the sticks.

Robles kept 3 clean sheets in a row last year and he got dropped.

I just think the whole thing stinks

Seriously, how can he pick Kone, he'll provide no help to Baines, he'll shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot, slow down our play around the box, he brings nothing but problems.

Lennon I understand, he'll be up and down, Coleman had his best game in ages when he buddied up with Lennon last time out.

Gerry should be on for Kone for christ's sake Martinez...

He is poor when it comes to defensive cover. Yep.

Up front, the role of our left sided attacker as almost never been to be on the touch line.....I dont get why people keep banging on about wingers?? Pienaar and Kone and Barkley were never out there as wingers.

He plays because he finds space, holds the ball up well and links well with Rom.

Any other option people would put in have their own downsides.

Not that I'd complain if Mirallas was in for Kone today, I just dont agree with this savaging of Kone who for me has been ok.
Respectfully I don't think he's been 'ok' in his last 5 appearances. And pienaar hugged the line a hell of a lot more than Kone who's first instinct is to abandon the left back, leaving that player completely isolated.

I looked at my livescore app and it said we had Mirallas and Deulofeu starting on the wings with Besic in mindfield and Jagielka in defence. I was scratching my head at all the whinging in this thread.

Then I saw that actual XI. FFS.

Making a valid point.
You either don't care or don't understand football

I think Robles is crap. I see no reason to fume at a team sheet.

It happens here every week though and I laugh at it. Our defensive frailties go far beyond the keeper. We allow way too many shots on target...one of the worst in the league. Stones and Funes Mori have a job to do today.

Seems strange fearing Spurs as their team looks weaker than ours on paper - Unfortunately they've managed to get some results unlike us
not at all, their back 4 is excellent. We might edge them on paper going forward but the defence is no contest, and don't even get me started about the keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.