Everton v Spurs. 13th August at 1500.

What are you looking forward to most this season?

• The all new Everton show headed by big RonKOE

Votes: 130 28.3%
  • Not passing the ball between our defenders for an hour and a half

Votes: 209 45.4%
  • Some new players

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • Seeing my mates in the same old pubs every other Saturday

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Whenever Tinder delivers it's bounty next

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • LOL didn't even read

Votes: 54 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman's summary of the game was very fair and encouraging. Pity about Coleman out for a few weeks. Now if we can get those new faces in.;)

Overall I am happy about the game. The first half especially pleased me, passion, commitment and drive from top to bottom. Gueye impressed me a lot alongside Deulofeu and Barkley. Didn't catch the second half as I was cooking but by all accounts Spurs have it a good go and came back. No complaints about performance or result. Onwards and upwards Evertonians.

The match report on the Guardian website by Paul Wilson is shockingly biased: worth a look just to laugh at. He seems very bitter that Spurs didn't win!

In contrast, the report in The Telegraph is very well-balanced. Interesting to read them in that order, so totally different that you would think they were different games. I do sometimes wonder if some journos actually watch the games...
Paul Wilson hates us mate and seems to love to damn us with faint praise at every opportunity. I think his dad tried to bring him up a Blue and it went wrong somewhere!!!!!

Paul Wilson hates us mate and seems to love to damn us with faint praise at every opportunity. I think his dad tried to bring him up a Blue and it went wrong somewhere!!!!!

I had never noticed that. That report is a complete joke though, could have been written by Enid Blyton (if she was a Spurs fan!)
I was hoping Andy Hunter had done the report.

Watching the game again what strikes me is how fast we get the ball from back to front. Very direct and no dawdling on the ball. And give the opposition no time on ball. If we can get a team who are fit enough to do that game after game, we won't lose many.

I don't know why I read Garth's BBC team of the week . This week he completely overlooked our midfield master yesterday and put in Sterling .
He did put Stickleback in it but then says we we're lucky to get a point .

Biased prick .

Sorry lads it's probably been mentioned, but what did the white banner have written on it in the lower gwladys just before the game started?

Overall I am happy about the game. The first half especially pleased me, passion, commitment and drive from top to bottom. Gueye impressed me a lot alongside Deulofeu and Barkley. Didn't catch the second half as I was cooking but by all accounts Spurs have it a good go and came back. No complaints about performance or result. Onwards and upwards Evertonians.

You were "cooking"?

Are you sure you ain't Walter White rather than Raymond Reddington?

:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.