Everton v Sporting Lisbon - Sat 5th Aug - 3pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked 4141 from the start to me with Gueye behind Garner, Doucoure, Onana and Iwobi. Our wide men certainly line up in midfield and not anywhere near the striker.

Not too sure, but Garner was certainly frustrated with the situation.

Whilst the ball was clearly going to be better for Garner to go at you could clearly see Maupey gesturing to Garner that he didn’t get a shout afterward.

We clearly need a forward far better than Maupey but the hate this lad gets is off the scale. He worked hard yesterday as he did at Stoke and wasn’t totally awful. You can just see it’s never going to work out for him here unless the whole world turns on its axis.

To me he seems to take the blame for all of the clubs other failings over the past five years.

I really hope that the 45 mins each for Godfrey and Branthwaite were auditions for becoming Tarkowski’s CB partner and not just who is 3rd choice behind Keane.

Given that we’re so close to the season start date, I’m hoping the former as Keane would no doubt need the minutes if he’s first choice? Please can someone put my mind at rest on that one, I can’t be doing with Keane starting ever again!

Took ages to get in yesterday because of people trying to use their phones at the turnstile .Some fans didn't know how to do it and the stewards weren't much help - dunno mate let's have a look at yer phone ,ok mate o_O

IMG_4915.jpeg

Boss to catch up with a few mates at the old lady again, and great to see the old blue house sign up in the wok - looks like it might be changing back to a boozer once we go?

Thought we looked quite solid yesterday, again a decent side.

Be interesting to see Danjuma, Chermiti and dele Ali in the team.

Maupay was even ok for me, bit unlucky with a few things.

Branthwaite needs to be tarks starting cb partner - did well when he came on, and I also want more dobbin in the team.

Really concerned about the depth of the squad though - a few injuries and were bang In trouble. Hopefully, we have a few more deals to get done.

Disappointed no protests were arranged, we need to get the pressure on them again.

Moshiri out.
Kenwright out.
UTFT!

Iwobi? Did you watch the same game as me?
thought he was the only player in our side with any hint of a creative spark

i think he’s been a decent stop gap outwide but hopefully once Danjuma is in the side he fan move back to central midfield where he’a a lot more effective. if he finds his 2022 form again we’ll be a lot more optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.