Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....was at that game but thought Smallman was further out than that when he scored that goal.

Weird that home-sickness was cited as the reason for his failure when he only came from North Wales.
He couldn't have been that homesick because I saw him play here in Melbourne. He was here for at least 4 years from 1982 onwards.

He played for a club called Green Gully and they were as small time as they sound.

I’ll be fuming when another defensive squad is named for a home game and we are nil nil at half time with nothing created. The blades will be having their best away performance of the season but we’ll wait until the 70th minute then bring on Iwobi.

I expect us to win. But our recent performances fill me with no great confidence. And if we don't, let's face it, it will be no great surprise.

It would be entirely in keeping with the season that we've had if our last hopes of European football were to founder at Goodison Park at the hands of Sheffield United. And it would be one of the saddest, sorriest days that the old stadium has seen for many a year.

Come on you blues, earn some of those massive wages that your on, and give a f@ck about your club and fans. Rant over. 3. 1 to the blues.

I know it's a defence mechanism and a learned behaviour for all the years of pain that this club and team have given us, but it's proper depressing to see all the "Everton that" posts about us getting beat tonight and people not being arsed about the result.

The negativity is soul destroying, especially considering were still in with a shout at Europe.

When Carlo is taking about mentality, he isn't just on about the players/cowards at the club, he's talking about us.

Hopefully, James is back to make us tick and we score 2 early on so it's a more pleasurable evening, then we hammer them. Any win works tho, just win it lads!

Cmon bisto boobs baggies and wolfyhamptom also - do us a favour!

Arriba los caramelos!

Sheff Utd are one of the worst teams I've seen. They have nothing,and have six first-teamers out injured.

There's no excuse not to win and do so without too much fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.