Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe Wednesday mate ;)
tenor.gif

good watch...I note however that neither Baz nor Ped mentioned the pernicious effect that the choice of Blue Chrimbo's panto has on our brave lionhearts' performances. Plumping for the elaborately costumed "the Mikado' was always going to distract our brave lionhearts. Yes, our brave lionhearts are not very good at togger, and yes, they don't really care much about silly football results...but they DO care about what they look like. Having them worried about what costumes to wear in a December pantomime, how they'll look, was definitely a negative factor on our final league standing.

Next year, need to keep it simple...just garden variety pixie, elf and fairy outfits...mainly the latter.

Time to reflect has been duly taken .
I do not remember a more lacklustre performance than that .
Maybe it is because it comes NEAR the end of a terrible home season and we are facing the fact that we genuinely could beat the record for home defeats .
I have defended because I believed it to be right but I think it is time to question the lovely guy that is Carlo .I worry that his slippers in Crosby are a bit too cosy and he too has been affected by the "We are caring Everton syndrome"
I do not for one moment regret what EITC do but I suspect it has an effect on the feelings of the players in that all is well and we are achieving great things in the community and they are finding it hard to be ruthless on the field.
I sincerely hope that is not the cause but sadly it is the only option left ,we have blamed every single player and some the manager but still this lethargy continues without any obvious reason ,whilst I think he is a splendid person who has done it all I cannot see what we achieve by playing this style of football.
Our tactics to me seem obvious to the opponents ,we play across the back until one of two things happen 1,we give it away because the players lose concentration ( Yes I suppose I am being kind ) or 2, we hit it up field to one of the opponents players and they get possession anyway .
In the 70 years since I first visited Goodison I have never watched a side in blue that has inspired me so little over the course of the season .
I was there when we got an attendance of 7,000 or so but still there would be someone trying who had a bit of heart playing in blue ,now and may be it is because we see much more of the players off the pitch due to social media they seem to be in it just for a laugh and the money .I personally could not live with myself putting in the performances of these guys ,it would stop me sleeping .
To think that this rabble had until yesterday the chance to play in Europe is hard to take ,we would show ourselves up with these clowns .
One last thing ,I don't think Dine is fit to lace Baines boots ,at the moment he couldn't put a decent cross in to save his life -why he is given the role of corners just baffles me .
How is it so hard to see for the management that we are appalling at free kicks and corners?
I would not be surprised if these players now are going to be as hard to shift as Tosun ,Schneiderlin and Sandro ,be honest would you buy Richarlison Siggurdson or Iwobi going on their season .
Only the lord knows how some of the supporters who started after 95' can cope with this but this season is the most disappointing I have watched ,I feel lower in my gut than when Wimbledon's coach was set on fire ,at least some of the players stood up to be counted .
I love your passion. Only a newbie myself following for 51 years. But I can remember the passion of the 80s team that was inspirational. This shower are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.