Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sixth sense is jangling away...it’s not one that lets me see dead people but rather one that warns me about imminent ‘issues’...and right now it’s warning that an ‘Everton that’ occasion is imminent.
I have long been wary of this game...too much win expectations on our brave lionhearts for them to perform... but I am now getting quite alarmed. If someone offered me a draw right now, I’d bite their hand off.

NSNO

Everton stay in 8th today regardless of win, lose or draw which means we'll win.
We only lose when we have the chance of going up a place.
Scabby 1-0 to Everton with Sheffield Utd to be the better team.
I agree that there is no table pressure (which augurs favourably), but there is expectation pressure. Most people think Everton should win against the bottom team and that is a problem that I do not think our brave lionhearts are mentally equipped to deal with. I suspect they will succumb to that pressure...it is just too great for our lionhearts to deal with. Right now, if someone offered a draw, I expect all our lionhearts would desperately grab that offer.
I won’t watch the game as our lads play very ugly togger when there is just the merest hint of pressure...I will keep my fingers crossed but I have genuine misgivings about today’s result. Hopefully any loss won’t upset the fan base because our brave lionhearts might get wind of that and, out of upset, ‘down tools’ for the last couple of games.

NSNO

My sixth sense is jangling away...it’s not one that lets me see dead people but rather one that warns me about imminent ‘issues’...and right now it’s warning that an ‘Everton that’ occasion is imminent.
I have long been wary of this game...too much win expectations on our brave lionhearts for them to perform... but I am now getting quite alarmed. If someone offered me a draw right now, I’d bite their hand off.

NSNO
Joking?

James, Allan and Docoure all playing

Against a historically bad team

Please, please play agressive footy

Just play like we did vs WBA or Brighton at home way back at the start of the season, that was so fun

Looks ridiculous but makes sense in my head. We'll win to keep up the facade.

Attachments

• LINEUP111621183092451.png
    LINEUP111621183092451.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 81
I'd like to see Davies sitting, with Doucoure and Allan in midfield with James, Richarlison and DCL forward.

A near first choice XI usually means we hear about injuries picked up in the last 24 hours or in the warm up very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.