Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowd deserves a lot of credit for helping the team over the line today. We were willing the lads on even at 1-0 and we got our just desserts. We should be very proud. We really were the 12th man.

No team has been as unlucky as us in regard to injuries, which makes me wonder whether our training methods are in some way flawed. Why do we have so many injuries?
Tbf... Or from my perspective. The change in the crowd reflects the change in application (from the players) . Not just that, but, the first 20 minutes we bossed them.

These things galvanise - players and fans alike. A utopian circle if you like. We experienced it end of last season. Desperate, but together.

Perhaps soon .....

Change is afoot.

We need to knock the old Everton songs before the game on the head. It is simply for kenwright to have a nostalgia wank. Completely killed any atmosphere before the 1st/2nd half started. Can't hear the fans as they are blaring that crap out then they cut it off as the players kick off to the sound of silence.

I'd like a pint of what Iwobi drinks. What a performance showing what is needed by way of application.
Final ball let us down otherwise we'd have won that easy.
Missus listened to the commentary on Five Live. By all accounts we were lucky to get a point, Forest better team will round???
Difficult games coming up so need same again at Brentford.

We need to knock the old Everton songs before the game on the head. It is simply for kenwright to have a nostalgia wank. Completely killed any atmosphere before the 1st/2nd half started. Can't hear the fans as they are blaring that crap out then they cut it off as the players kick off to the sound of silence.
What a pointless post.Maybe we should change our shirts to beige and ban blue and white scarves becausr Bill likes them?

Dwight McNeil deary me. If we could get some new decent forwards I think we’d be half decent. Mid table at best. Without though we are going to seriously struggle.

Quick question blues.

It's fairly acecpted that Dwight's best strength is his crossing.

Why on earth is not taking the corners over Gray??

I think every game we've played this season has been a better performance than probably 90 percent of last seasons.

Were sticking in games. We're not giving up too many chances.

Badly need functioning forward.

Agree - until the frittering part..... It is as it is.

Isn't it better to build your house with solid foundations and walls before adding a roof?

That's what I'm seeing and what you've described. With Dom we would've had it already. At the moment, we don't. It'll come.

Judge us (at the end of the window) or bettter yet, after 10 games.

We're on it.
Agreed- I think the context of last season makes me nervous about dropping points in games we could have won.

Quick question blues.

It's fairly acecpted that Dwight's best strength is his crossing.

Why on earth is not taking the corners over Gray??
He did take one corner.

It almost hit the steward who was sitting five yards away from the near post.

It was like watching a weak little child attempt to cross the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.