Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest look like a team who are bedding in 67 new signings…it’s a game we need to be winning and we never really looked likely to.

A long season awaits.

First rule of goalkeeping when facing a shot from distance: if you can’t gather it, push it wide of goal. He pushed it straight out to an attacker.

You mean strikers like Adams, Ings or Mitrovic? All not good enough for Everton apparently, low budget journeymen according to most. Pathetic that we can’t find somebody, anybody, who can stick the ball in the net.

There are league 1 strikers better than ours

This idea of waiting for the right one and losing games in the process, is going to get us relegated. Where is our first win coming from with this pathetic front line?

Highlights all the problems we all know we have. No cutting edge and if we concede, in most games, we will be in trouble. So weird people saying Iwobi potential MOTM. I thought he was the worst one for losing the ball after Gordon.

Lots of positives to take from today. Rondon did better. Davies played well. Iwobi probably MOTM but the changes caused us to lose the battle in midfield and although its a relief getting a point I can't help but feel we really should have gotten 3. Still some improvements and I expect us to push on with a confidence boosting win in the cup and smash Brentford. COYB!
Agree with that
Funny how Tom coming off we looked worse

Pickford 7/10 - Had little to do, unlucky with the goal.
Tarkowski 4/10 - A very bad day at the office, almost Michael Keane-like in possession. Must improve.
Coady 6/10 - Solid defending but poor distribution.
Holgate 7/10 - Easily our most solid centre half today and all other games so far.
Patterson 6/10 - Neither good nor bad. Should stay in the side in any case.
Mykolenko 6/10 - Same as Patterson although I wouldn't argue if Vinagre replaced him.
Iwobi 8/10 - Especially first half was very good, but of course you can only look so good when you've a League One set of players in front of you.
Davies 5/10 - He's just a crap player out of his depth.
Gray - 8/10 - Would have been a 6 but he took the goal well. Some poor passing as usual otherwise.
Gordon 5/10 - He's not really very good, is he? That last chance summed it all up. Off you go to Chelsea.
Rondon 6/10 - One or two pieces of decent hold up play but you've got to make the goalkeeper work, and he didn't.

Subs:
McNeil 2/10 - Lost possession before jogging back when he had an easy chance to win back possession had he only bothered to sprint, ball is in our net 15 seconds later. Poor passing, lack of effort there for all to see. We've signed an absolutely dud and I'm sure Lampard will be coming at what he saw from him there.
Onana 4/10 - Not the best home debut, bit excitable and rash, but he'll need patience. Heck, Davies is still playing games and his last good games was in 2019.

I'll take a point. If the people who orl for the organisation collectively known as Everton football fail to bring in a striker it is a shocking collective failure and dereliction of duty.

I know full well if they don't the blame will end up on Lampard, but like with 95% of our previous managers the faults run deeper than the guy who ends up carrying the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.