Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rele-what-now? 🤔

Excellent performance, and a deserved and convincing win. Shay Given saying he didn’t think it was a 3-0. I mean, it was though wasn’t it? We’ve been threatening to do that for a while - pressing high, forcing mistakes and making chances. Difference being, tonight we took them, and it was so sweet that it was against that mob. A lot of these supposedly bigger sides rely on their opponents buying the media narrative. So glad to see us go toe to toe with them tonight, and expose the weaknesses in their squad.

Thought McNeill was particularly excellent, but fair play to Gana as well - seemed to be everywhere, breaking up play. And that Beto goal was identical to many on his YouTube reel - pace and strength, and a smart finish. You could see what it meant to him, and I hope it spurs him on.

Has the feeling of a pivotal and season defining win. Let’s hope so - do the same against Chelsea, and we’ll know. COYB, UTFT. 💪🏻

I know I've said it before but genuinely I don't think we were especially brilliant tonight. And I mean that in a good way. We've got a consistency of performance that bare minimum has us in games, if not enough to win. We kept our focus and capitalised when their legs started to go.

Helping hand with the 1st/2nd but we were well worth the win, just glad we got our rewards after yet more missed chances.

Plus, without our starting central midfield. Dyche deserves a lot of credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.