Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is a strange one though. Bar the arsenal game we have been the bette team in every home game and created numerous chances. Even Man U last week, if we went in at half time 2-1 or 3-1 up no one would have argued. We create more at home than away yet we win more games away, why is that I don’t know. We certainly have a certain approach and application in away games, but we can’t argue we have had loads of good chances to really put teams to the sword at home. Is it mental blocker for our players not to score easy chances at home but convert harder chances away?. Either way we need to address are home form, even just have an average home record this season will see us safe.
All pretty accurate, but it's not just one or two games at this point. Even if we are having more of the ball, more chances, etc, we're losing the games on what we have to call a consistent basis now. It was similar under Carlo, as I recall. It could be a psychological thing for the players in front of their own, baying fans, or it could be simply that teams are coming to our place and doing to us what we're doing to others on the road.

Either way, the old "Goodison is a tough place to go for anyone" cliché isn't ringing true at the minute. Tough to see anything but a Newcastle win, here.

Strangely I feel confident playing the black & white Kopites this week, especially that they have injuries.. I hope not just Gordon is booed fans need to boo every time Newcastle have the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.