Everton v Manchester United. Saturday 11th September @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking forward to the train ride from manc to liverpool.

Never feel safe wearing my everton shirt around town.

It kills me. :(

playing a forward on the right wing won't fix it lid

Disagree with this one mate. Vic offers us something different on the right;physical presence. He also gets into better goalscoring positions than he does playing int the middle. The times I have seen him play there we look better balanced. He gets involved and gives the opposition something to think about. (something that doesnt happen when we put Ossie there). When we have this it can help create space ad time for the likes of Arteta and Peinaar.

Just my opinion but i think he's the best of some bad options on the right, and i am pretty sure he would have started all three games there so far had he been fit.

Has anyone got any news of Vic, any chance of him being available tomorrow?

Cant really afford to lose this tomorrow.
If we do, cant see us gettin near the top 4. 1 point from 4 games and 3 losses is shockin.

Seriously cant afford to lose it even if it is early in the season

howard

neville jagielka heitinga baines

pienaar fellaini arteta bilyaletdinov

cahill

coleman

Now then we've signed a new striker under the radar have we?- Is he the english,french or american variety of said mustard?

In proper news, with yak back in training, fingers crossed he's fit enough to appear from the bench,

no saha..no rodwell...Neville is back though aye, his professionalism should see us through!

Well, the injury free period didn't last long, did it?

The Yak isn't fit enough, Vic's still injured and now so is Saha. Rodwell too.

So, I'd go for:

Howard
Hibbert Jags Distin Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar
Bily
Cahill

Beckford's struggled against average opposition, so I can't see him having much luck against united. But as long as Osman isn't at RM, I'm not too bothered.

Carrick's out, which is good news for us, not because he'd rip us apart, more to do with the fact that Man Utd are more likely to go 4-4-2, which gives us more of a chance of dominating the midfield. Paul Scholes in a four man midfield, away from home, isn't as effective either.

Big game for Fellaini and Arteta

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but their are reports that Ferguson may sit Rooney for this one. I think this would be good for us as it doesn't seem the midfield have quite figured out the best way to utilize Hernandez. At that point we would need to focus on Berbatov and Scholes if he's playing. Also Ferdinand has declared himself fit for this game. If he starts we should go right at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.