• Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to say played a team playing best football in Europe at the moment, did you see they're bench ffs. Glad that ones done, were gonna take a few good seasons to get near the likes of them hopefully we can eh

Hands up who thought we're the finished article and this season would be flawless. Thank god there's an interweb to vent on or some cats' backsides would be pretty bruised today! We're a work in progress and we're nowhere near the stage where we can be without dcl and Allan and compete with a city side who've won every game in the last 15. Admittedly Fulham was a disgrace but unfortunately we're going to hit a few of those bumps along the way. Every club does. Are we travelling in the right direction? Yes. Do I trust carlo and brands? Yes. Decent chairman finding more than a few coppers down the back of the sofa? Yes. Still hoping for top 6 this year. Still not written off the fa cup (I know....) Hoping for a continuation of the excellent recruitment drive starred last summer to kick us on next season.
Keep the faith

Played against a team who was simply 10 times better than any team in this league, in every aspect of the game.

We move on, I personally did not think we played badly. The effort was there, for me.

On an added note, Coleman looked back close to his old self. Some legs in the old dog yet :)
Thought we were fine. Simple reality is they have excellence in depth and we do not. Minus Dom and Allen, two big gaps we can not fill. Thought Pickford did pretty well and when he came to catch a cross or punch he really was determined to make it his. A bit of competition seems to have him focussed.

Games are already lost before a ball is kicked, again. Yes we are not at the level City are, very few are...

So what?

What is the point of turning up if the mentality is to feel it’s lost before the match has started? I’ll never understand that. It’s a game of football. Quality levels differ but desire, ambition and determination should not. First half I thought we showed some determination at least.

The last quarter of that game tho, was like a training session for them, far too easy for them to make one/two touch passes and honestly i was cheesed off because it was getting belittling.

This kind of thing has happened far too often in the past. It’s a vicious circle.
You have to agree they are a class team although the first goal was deflected and the third was saveable. I don't think we wrote it off we were still in the game at 2-1. I hope that DCL and Allan were saved for Saturday because that is a must win game. If we lose the season may die but if we win, were still in the mix and I know personally I would have been happy at a top 6 finish.

You have to agree they are a class team although the first goal was deflected and the third was saveable. I don't think we wrote it off we were still in the game at 2-1. I hope that DCL and Allan were saved for Saturday because that is a must win game. If we lose the season may die but if we win, were still in the mix and I know personally I would have been happy at a top 6 finish.
I agreed with most of your point, however I personally think this is a bit hyperbole. Liverpool could be the catalyst we need, but if we do lose it's only one game.

Played against a team who was simply 10 times better than any team in this league, in every aspect of the game.

We move on, I personally did not think we played badly. The effort was there, for me.

On an added note, Coleman looked back close to his old self. Some legs in the old dog yet :)
Coleman was finished 2 years ago.

Yeah just a much better team to be honest. At 1-1 at thought we had a sneaky chance but they snuffed us out second half. Team selection is uber important on Saturday night. James and DCL all have to start although I think Richy looked decent up top. Really don't want to see Iwobi, Holgate or Siggy near that team.

I'm kind of sick of reading about how we played "well".

We didn't, we are a top flight football team, have been for 70 odd years on the run, we are not some plucky I-Zingari League team full of amateurs and semi pros.

It's not just us who do it either. This isn't an Everton moan, more a moan about football in general. Yeah City are obviously a very good side but its 11 vs 11.

Having 3 shots and keeping the score down to a mere 3 goals at home is not playing well.

DREAM REPORT. :Blink::hayee:lol (spoiler: it ended much better in my dream)

Alright folks, here is the story for you to laugh about:

Last night I had a dream of Everton playing against City in the area where my country house is located ('dacha' actually, as we call it).

The scene itself is laughable cause our pitch was a small patch of land 30-35 yards long and nice metal posts but without a net. The place was on the edge of the forest facing the last line of housing. Just as it was when I was a teenager.

So we were 1-3 down and yours truly somehow how managed to step up as sub. My first touch on the ball was so f-g poor that I thought to myself if I was watching this I would boo the hell out of this guy. However, I conspired with Allan (somehow he was on the pitch but little he looked like Allan), and scored three times. Don't remember who else hit the target, but the final score was 6-4 for Everton, suddenly half a dozen Middle East looking women from Mahli or something, showed up in our box and start to accusing me (don't remember the reason, something about femininity).
When I was waking up for the very short moment, I was very proud of myself to score goals and change the game lol, and then I was just smiling understanding the absurdity of the whole thing.
A bit sad thing is that this playing pitch of ours doesn't exist anymore. While playing we used to cursing and swearing so loud that the guy from nearby fed up with this. His garden door was just facing the place with only a small earth-road dividing us. So he dug out the metal posts and plowed the whole f-g thing, and sow spruces, and now there are tall trees leveling with forest.

I just don't see how we battled hard. We got the run around and were beaten to almost every second ball. I am finding it really hard to watch this football at the minute where players are so far off the pace physically.

The City mentality when they lose the ball puts us to shame. It's all about mentality, commitment and intensity. In the second half we were abysmal and it was far too easy for a good team. We aren't good to watch and can't keep clean sheets and there's no real prospect of it improving under this set of players.

On a side note, last night showed exactly how much better we are with Davies and Iwobi in the team.

Balance is more important than picking a team that twitter thinks will "have a go". If you have no balance you will struggle to get hold of the ball. If you can't win the ball then it doesn't matter how attacking you plan to be, it won't work.

Once we made those subs last night we looked awful. It's becoming a far too regular occurence where we make subs to bring on attackers but actually completely nullify ourselves tactically. If you load the team with players who won't run and tackle, it is not going to work. These players are not suddenly going to start doing things they've never done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.