Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to hurt isn't it?
have we ever been destroyed by City though? I don't feel confident either but I feel like we always put up a decent fight against them at Goodison but due to how this seasons started it could get ugly, That Sheff United match has sucked all the confidence out of me for this teams hopes.

have we ever been destroyed by City though? I don't feel confident either but I feel like we always put up a decent fight against them at Goodison but due to how this seasons started it could get ugly, That Sheff United match has sucked all the confidence out of me for this teams hopes.
Me as well. I think we were a bogie team for them for awhile but this city team is now different and knows how to win.

I remember when Man City were bobbins.
Blimey yes, remember going to this fixture in about 1995-ish, when City had that red & black striped kit, a la AC Milan but with black shorts, they had a big grock at left back who got sent off. We won 2-0 at a canter iirc, the days when I turned up expecting us to win, not hoping.

Seen a few suggesting scores, this is with 365:

Us to win is 9/1
0-0 is 18/1
2-1 is 28/1
3-0 is 150/1
0-8 is 300/1

It’s an almighty match up between the kopite forces of Satan meaning we’ll probably pull all the stops out to draw in this game benefitting no one but them when we then lose to Burnley after it - vs the fact that Evertonians are not allowed any enjoyment whatsoever and we are abysmal so will probably be spanked by the best team in Europe. What a match up.

Sounds like Gomes is out still. Hopefully its a bluff. But City won't care either way. We should pack the midfield and hit them on the break. Will be painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.