Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our attacking 'talents' today consisted of:
- A slow winger on loan from a Championship team
- A slow winger bought from a relegated team
- A former KFC employee
- A striker that hasn't scored in almost a third of a year
- A player constantly being loaned out by his parent team the way we did with the likes of Bolasie, Tosun, Niasse et al.

No real surprise we could only score from a goalkeeping howler.

Their goal in the 95th minute spoke volumes for me. Yes there was an element of luck to it but their player wanted it more.

It makes you wonder whether the thought of a long drive down to London for a midweek replay was playing on their minds?

Virginia probably the most devastated as that will be his last performance of the season now.

I played football for 30 years at a junior and intermediate level, I wasn’t very good much like the bulk of our current squad. I couldn’t dribble around a bin, I had no pace but I did have heart. I like to think I made up for my short comings by the fact I gave 100% every time I went on the pitch. I could tackle and I could see a pass, I knew these were my assets and I made sure I got myself into positions where I could influence play, when I couldn’t get a pass away I dug in and helped my team. After today you can write the rest for yourself, we don’t have the “dogs of war” we don’t have the “school of science “ we have what we have. Goal difference above relegation is a good season.

Thought Beto was fouled all game, constantly being held back, and he should have had a penalty in the first half also. Their first goal should not have counted due to the push on DCL, who would have gotten to the ball first otherwise.
It was a blatant push. Can’t believe VAR viewed it and said it was fine.