Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m sure they have scored 4 goals from corners at Goodison. You would of think we would of learned to not give any silly corners away and to try and keep the ball.

I’m not even bothered about the FA cup, the league cup was the one for the taking this season. The sole focus is now on the league and Dyche and his team now have to work harder to get us over the line. The board, whoever that is, has to find us some money to get a player or two in. They just have to.

I actually hope we go down this season, need to prosper and reinvent ourselves at a lower level like a horse that gets dropped in class from a group race to a handicap, we stay up it will just be more of the same next season minus Ducoure and Braithwaite.

Gutted because I hoped a little run might be a change from the league stress and drama. Passing is just so poor at the moment nearly all our energy is used up trying to regain possession instead of creating attacks and chances. To think that our last two home games at Goodison in the cup could be these ones against Fulham and Luton. So poor.

Gutted because I hoped a little run might be a change from the league stress and drama. Passing is just so poor at the moment nearly all our energy is used up trying to regain possession instead of creating attacks and chances. To think that our last two home games at Goodison in the cup could be these ones against Fulham and Luton. So poor.
Unfortunately this is Everton, absolute failure of a club from top to bottom.... from Chong all the way down to the tea ladies, failure is ingrained right through the club...

See what you are saying but how bad we were still must of bothered you. Even a smidge ;)
A smidge bothered maybe re how poor we are but not a flying ballix re getting knocked out. I dont think we have the squad to handle the cup. I think you seem to be more bothered about me not being too bothered 😉 .

I think after 43 years that I've had my fill of Everton.

We've been beaten twice at home by Luton Town this season. Good luck to them. I suspect they'll do the treble by season's end. Following us now is about court cases, appeals, points deductions, and successive losses at home to Luton. They look more honest than us to me. I'm resigning myself to the inevitable. We're not good enough to help ourselves out of what looks, increasingly, like a campaign to relegate us.
Same here. Losing the will so much.

I actually hope we go down this season, need to prosper and reinvent ourselves at a lower level like a horse that gets dropped in class from a group race to a handicap, we stay up it will just be more of the same next season minus Ducoure and Braithwaite.
Understandable but even if you think it, best not to publish it. Just let's see how things pan out rather than stating your hopes.
Yes, we deserve all that comes our way but however hard it may be try and keep the faith.

Absolutely awful --- against a poor side --- Calvert-Lewin has gone from knocking on the door for an England spot to re-invent himself as an extremely average player.
Zero quality anywhere in the squad --- goodness knows what they do on the training pitch ---- complete shambles !!!
None of our strikers have composure, still haven't replaced Lukaku.

They continue to find ways to dissapoint us,couple of injuries and we are all over the gaff,even against the likes of Luton,a defeat strangely enough was not the worst result today,a draw and a replay at the moment in time kills us,I love the cup too but this season everything, literally everything is on our survival.