Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had enough of this club now.
Inept club
Inept team
Inept manager.
How the hell can you set up for a game against a team that only scores from corners. Oh yes we don’t prepare and guess what? We concede 2 goals from corners.
We are a social experiment. This club does not deserve its fans. What we have to put up with is an absolute joke.
I couldn’t give a toss what if any f those players decide to leave.. Good riddance

Once Doucoure is back play Danjuma up front if he hasn’t done a runner. He has far more ability on the ball than Dom or Beto.

I don't like losing any game but to be honest I will take league points over cup wins this season.

Have a look at our bench today and tell me what Dyche could have done differently?
We have a tiny squad anyway and we are currently missing three midfielders out of that as well as Coleman and Young.

This season is about survival and nothing else.
It wasn’t the bench that was the problem today, it was the players who startrd

Without question the worst fans in the whole of Europe.

Agreed

Defended mediocrity
Defended the board
Used personal encounters with board members as a measure to their performance as custodians
Fans keeping quiet for freebies
Local media not wanting relationships soured
winding fellow blues up with the same routines
Still a refusal to look within and rather have a go at them lot across the park instead
Unhappy with how things turn out then get annoyed when a minority want to call it out
The ale is crap
The director of football is a dweeb

He is what he is. If he doesn't have dacoure for the 4-3-3, without gomes, he has no clue what to do. Dunno if that's his fault or not.
Limited by a very thin squad in my view. If we were not being shafted by PLs joke FFP rules, 100% we would be bringing in reinforcements....rather than being at risk of having to sell out best remaining players for under market value.
This shambles is not Dyche fault, we need to focus on where the blame lies and not put it on the manager and players who are the only ones who can get us out of this mess.

I can only go by the match commentary on the Everton site, but it sounds like we got everything we deserved with an abysmal performance. I've gone for Virginia as my MoM. At least we don't have to go all the way to Luton to get kicked out of the competition now, every cloud etc.

On a positive note Warrington Town were away to Blyth Spartan in the National League North and won 2-1. Come on the Yellows :dance:
Chorley at home next week Kev. Far more fun than watching the Blues. Cheaper and less stressful

We are a social experiment.
This. I'm convinced of it. The matrix operators are fascinated. The more they twist the knife in us and the more utterly depressing and irrelevant we become...we still keep coming back for more. EVERTON probably started as a joke to see how far they can stretch humanity's faith. But even the gods above must feel bad for us at this point.

We are the most unfunny of jokes.

It's a worry now, we have so little quality and a style of play that relies on us outworking and out running our opponents, whilst allowing them to have the lions share of possession. This can work early in the season, when the players legs are not so tired, it can also work for a team with enough decent squad players to allow rotation. Unfortunately I think the second half of this season will be far more difficult than the first.

The best thing to come out of today's match was, as far as I am concerned, Luton's late winner, anything to avoid a replay. A win would have been nice, but, I'd prefer the defeat than having to go to Luton for another possible 120 minutes plus penalties.

Had enough of this club now.
Inept club
Inept team
Inept manager.
How the hell can you set up for a game against a team that only scores from corners. Oh yes we don’t prepare and guess what? We concede 2 goals from corners.
We are a social experiment. This club does not deserve its fans. What we have to put up with is an absolute joke.
I couldn’t give a toss what if any f those players decide to leave.. Good riddance

T.gif