Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like losing any game but to be honest I will take league points over cup wins this season.

Have a look at our bench today and tell me what Dyche could have done differently?
We have a tiny squad anyway and we are currently missing three midfielders out of that as well as Coleman and Young.

This season is about survival and nothing else.

Exacty this 👆

Wasn`t the football why Allardyce got legged and it wasn`t as bad as this.

We are starting to get good players through the door, with the players we have we would benefit from a more possession based game. Dyche is one dimensional but as the team has improved he just keeps exactly the same tactics, I can`t get behind him, he just isn`t progressive. He plays a dinosaur brand of football that is dying out with the type of managers that play it i.e. Allardyce & Mourinho...

But the club has no choice, this is what we are stuck with...

Moshiri was bankrolling the club then and Ancelotti was attracted soon after, that's the difference.

Staying in the PL is all people care about now

Moshiri was bankrolling the club then and Ancelotti was attracted soon after, that's the difference.

Staying in the PL is all people care about now
What's the point of staying in the premier League though other than money. Can't challenge top 6. What's the point of even building this stadium. Gutted tonight. That's our strongest team, barely anything on the bench and another points deduction on the cards. Yes I'm on a real downer. Just apologised to my son too

Absolutely awful --- against a poor side --- Calvert-Lewin has gone from knocking on the door for an England spot to re-invent himself as an extremely average player.
Zero quality anywhere in the squad --- goodness knows what they do on the training pitch ---- complete shambles !!!

Football is dire, but I can't see
A Way out of it can't buy anybody.
Squad to small.
Don't even really blame the current manager.
No enjoyment in anything to do with this club.
Hasnt been for years either.
Sadly the end of a process that began years ago .
Lots of us could see it happening
Well here it is.
It will take a miracle for us to stay up.

I don't like losing any game but to be honest I will take league points over cup wins this season.

Have a look at our bench today and tell me what Dyche could have done differently?
We have a tiny squad anyway and we are currently missing three midfielders out of that as well as Coleman and Young.

This season is about survival and nothing else.
It's all academic but , I think plugging the central gap with mcneil or harrison bring in dajuma out wide ,play the one striker, would have given us more balance and at least shut them out.

so what’s the solution mate?

I don't know, can he be more proactive? Can he push the team further up the field not handing the advantage to the opposition?

He doesn't look capable of correcting this at the moment. He's not the solution long term that's for sure.

I get the squads both small and not packed with great quality but there's quality there, look who the players are linked with.

There's also no doubt the idiots above are a massive hindrance.

One things been lost in all this and the last few decades of melancholy.

We are supposed to be the school of science.