Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If there is a game to try out 442 with Beto and DCL you could argue this is the one. I desperately want to win a trophy but a defeat here at least doesn't put us I the relegation zone.
Not for me last time they played as a two just looked like it would never work. Think maybe a chermitti could look different with a dcl/beto. Is not alot of options atm. Would even like to have seen a flat mid 3 of garner onana gana with mcneil dcl harrison pushed up higher

If there is a game to try out 442 with Beto and DCL you could argue this is the one. I desperately want to win a trophy but a defeat here at least doesn't put us I the relegation zone.
Fella on one of the other forums who gets good team / injury updates says he's going with Beto and DCL tomorrow.

Could go either way but think it's worth looking at for a full game.

Someone needs to put Dyche in front of a tactics board, move the lone striker to one side and push the No 10 magnet up alongside it.

Then leave Dyche to stare at the board dumbfounded for 10 minutes.

This is a game for Beto and Calvert-Lewin.

Not for me last time they played as a two just looked like it would never work. Think maybe a chermitti could look different with a dcl/beto. Is not alot of options atm. Would even like to have seen a flat mid 3 of garner onana gana with mcneil dcl harrison pushed up higher
My concern is actually the deep lying playmaker role of Barkley, if we go two up top do we fail to shut him down. He's crucial to Luton

Too many calls in my opinion for both DCL and Beto together in this one. We have an important league game on Tuesday, we don't need to burn both DCL and Beto for 80+ minutes. If we go two strikers, I would put Chermiti up front with either Beto or DCL. Keep one of DCL or Beto fresh for Tuesday.

This is a free hit for Luton who like to press high and are going to be handful at every set piece, Barkley allows them to have the ball far more than anyone else in their squad. Some of their fans are saying he’s the best player they’ve had since Ricky Hill.
With Doucoure out nobody gets up to join Calvert lewin anywhere near as fast as he does so it‘s either Harrison behind DCL (why hasn’t this been the plan B instead of watching him struggle to create anything out) or Beto and DCL together (my preference).
Win please

The issue last time we played DCL and Beto together was that they made the same runs. This time they will have trained together and they'll be a plan rather than just chucking Beto in and hoping. It'll be interesting to see if it works, as Dyche always played 2 up front at Burnley

Taking my Grandson to his first FA Cup game, which could be his last at Goodison.

So I really want us to win, for him, he loves it, the poor little mite, doesnt realise his Grandad has set him for a lifetime of misery.

A goal for Dom would really cap it off, him and Pickford are his favourite players.
I set my son, now 12, on the path to supportung everton hiw whole life, but I've caught him watching citeh videos, so maybe he will escape it. He knows better than to admit it, tho.

This is a free hit for Luton who like to press high and are going to be handful at every set piece, Barkley allows them to have the ball far more than anyone else in their squad. Some of their fans are saying he’s the best player they’ve had since Ricky Hill.
With Doucoure out nobody gets up to join Calvert lewin anywhere near as fast as he does so it‘s either Harrison behind DCL (why hasn’t this been the plan B instead of watching him struggle to create anything out) or Beto and DCL together (my preference).
Win please

….its exactly why I think Dobbin is an option in the Doucoure role. He’ll certainly get alongside and beyond DCL and his pace might cause Luton a few problems. For regular Academy watchers, Dobbin has always been more suited to a central than a wide role.