Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner we leave Goodison the better. The place is cursed.
Its not the ground mate,its the club, two world wars break out when we were champions,banned from European Cup when we had our greatest side ever, coupled with the fact that we occupy the same city as the biggest fairytale club the planet has ever witnessed.

With the run of fixtures we have just had to come out with 4 points is absolutely atrocious. I am trying not to be too negative after the last 2 results but that is a complete brainfart from Dyche today. Far too negative and rigid against probably our easiest fixture on paper when we should have stuck to the same script that got us the result at Villa.
Club is a complete shambles anyway but lose to Bournemouth and he should be bulleted. God knows who we would get next right enough.

36 more points to get, 33 games in which to find em. Luton were so bad in the first 25 or so minutes. The ball broke our way repeatedly.

Really bad day at the office.

We need, a system, a style, something we start with that shows we want to win.

whatis our system, if the manager and the team don’t know but all of the other teams seem to be able to suss us out then it is wrong.

we go one up,we sit back,we go one down we sit back, we go two down we sit back,we just sit back.

Thenwe sit back, we are Everton,we sit back.

we have wide players and we play narrow. We have an exciting central midfielder so we play himout wide as he has to be in the team but the managers love child (Gana) has to play.

we make subs, but only when we are behind,we make subs to try to stifle there’s and not improve ours.

We play like Burnley under Dyche, how did they do!!

Had a good chat with some Luton supporters before the match, glad I didn’t meet them after the game. Say no more, justfuckinembarrassing……..
We seem to be caught in two minds. Not sure if we should be passing it out from the back or going long.
The problem this causes is when we do go long, the majority of the team aren't expecting it and so Dom was flicking on balls to their keeper.
What was a bit mad from what I could make out in the Park End was that when Beto came on, him and Dom were going for the same long ball and almost challenging each other.

The green shoot of recovery well and truly stamped on.

Every game a lottery due to mentally weak players and a manager who seems incapable of consistently getting the best out of them.

Even a draw would have been bad.

So 8 games in all competitions.....

At home, lost all of them

Away from home won 2 drawn 1 lost 1

Conspiracy head here, but are we trying to make goodison Park so unattractive that home fans will pay double to see the back of it when the new ground comes along and away Dan's will think they'll have an easy win to sell out the away section?

It's drivel I know, but for the love of God, why are we sooooooo bad at goodison?
Because Dyche keeps doing the same thing over and over even though it can’t and won’t work

We seem to be caught in two minds. Not sure if we should be passing it out from the back or going long.
The problem this causes is when we do go long, the majority of the team aren't expecting it and so Dom was flicking on balls to their keeper.
What was a bit mad from what I could make out in the Park End was that when Beto came on, him and Dom were going for the same long ball and almost challenging each other.
Same both did not link up at all , not sure what is going on in training but we should be working on different formations. With two strikers, one two wingers ect 442, 433. Just looked like strangers, also the lack of any real play just everyone moving inside passing it around slow build up

Status
Not open for further replies.