Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note, I genuinely think this will be trickier than the last 2. We won't get much space and we are notoriously appalling at breaking teams down. We should win but, yknow, Everton.

Get the lead early on will be vital IMO. Delighted with this week's progress but we're not suddenly a very good team, as much as Luton look out of their depth. They'll fancy getting something here.

Anyone else think we should drop Gana for this one?
Garner and Onana were a force in the midfield tonight and with Doucs likely to come back in, in favour of 4 at the back I think it might be worth testing the future out again
Garner and Onana midfield showed enough. Only excuse to start Gana is if Harrison needs a bit more fitness because he showed a bit of fatigue in the 2nd half. I expect Garner and Onana though

Proud to be a blue after that Villa game!

Last night's match at Villa Park was my first away game for a very long time.

I have received criticism on here in the past for questioning our support, but at Villa Park last night our fans were nothing short of magnificent.

From the first whistle to the last we got behind all of our players. Particularly Dom. And it paid dividends!

We now all seem to be pulling in the same direction.

If Goodison is loud and 'up for it' we will beat Luton and go ahead of Chelsea!

COYB

The cup game showed promising partnerships even if we change back to our regular formation now.

Would like to see Patterson/Harrison start again on the right & Garner with Onana continuing in the centre with Doucs ahead of them.

Gana’s skill set shouldn’t be first choice option for home against Luton.

Status
Not open for further replies.