Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years of hurt. A succession of inept managers and poor players have led to this moment. Many will look back in future years and identify this day as the turning point. The game where the pieces fell into place. Silva's plan will be revealed in all its glory and we will smite the sh#*e. Next season is all about cl qualification. Today is about putting a nail in the rs title change
Believe

My little man getting ready for his first derby! Hopefully he can bring some luck!!COYB

Attachments

• 926A9A4D-0060-4ED8-A8BB-841E484001C8.jpeg
    926A9A4D-0060-4ED8-A8BB-841E484001C8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Was listening to Talk Sport, cant remember who the presenter was saying if Liverpool win the league by a point Pickford will have handed them the league. Lets not hope it comes to that and he keeps them out today and costs them any points.....
what about the countless dubious refereeing decisions they have profited from so far this season - okay Pickford changed 1 point to 3 points, but that is just a drop in the ocean in the grand scale of things.

Years of hurt. A succession of inept managers and poor players have led to this moment. Many will look back in future years and identify this day as the turning point. The game where the pieces fell into place. Silva's plan will be revealed in all its glory and we will smite the sh#*e. Next season is all about cl qualification. Today is about putting a nail in the rs title change
Believe
I'll have a pint of what your drinking mate ;)

Believe
nice idea. I'd still rip your arm off for 0-0

Neville Southall has explained why he wants Liverpool to win the Premier League.

The former Everton goalkeeper made 750 appearances for the Blues in a storied career at Goodison Park, making more appearances for the club than any other player. “When I get asked whether I want Liverpool to win the Premier League, my honest answer is whether it’s them or Man City is much of a muchness to me,” the Welshman explained.

“I’ve never had any problems with Liverpool fans and we’ve enough to be worrying about aside from them winning the league. “I just want the best team to win it and if they happen to be the best team, good luck to them. And if they do win it, there might just be one positive for Everton.

“I imagine my Twitter will be full of people going, “You’re a kn****ad” but I see it this way: if Liverpool win, it’ll put the pressure back on the board at Everton and rightly so – we’re in the same city so we’ve got to compete. “If you’re in a racing team and the driver next to you has a Ferrari and you’ve got a Fiat Panda, you want a Ferrari because you want to race on an equal basis. “It’s going to take time but, with the owner we’ve got, Farhad Moshiri, I’m hopeful there’ll be a time we can compete on the same level again.

“We’ve a new stadium coming in a few years’ time and I suspect Moshiri doesn’t want to put a poor team in there. “At the moment, though, we’re miles apart and the quality of their strikers, in particular, can make a massive difference.”

A guy on facebook saying there is only 2 changes from Tuesdays team. One obvious and one we will all moan about. Dunno if true but he is usually sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.