Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it might be Bernard up against Alexander Arnold or what ever his name is. He seems to be known for attacking rather than defending. Certainty doesn't seem like the kind of big full back that could just bully Bernard off the ball.
Not sure who I'd put on the right wing. Bernard is crap on the right so keep him on the left. Richarlison might be my pick as Walcot has been poor and Lookman seems to do best off the bench. Not sure who offers the best cover for Coleman who could have a tough afternoon.
I'd stick with Morgan and Gana in the middle with siggi in front and probably DCL up top. If we can hold them till mid second half, they'll start getting impatient and push forward. DCL is probably the best option for us to counter attack.
I've no idea whether to start jags or drop him of Zouma. (or keep him and go 3 at the back dropping morgan).
I'd go
------------Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Digne
-------Morgan Gana
Richarlison---------Bernard
----------Siggi
---------------DCL

Inappropriate Language
We are gona get spanked, [Poor language removed] referee to boot...........coybs please turn up and win for once.

I go the whole hog for this game and cram the centre of the park. The 2 wingers come out and Zouma/Gomes come in for them. Lots of additional height and you make the pitch as congested as possible in the middle to essentially spoil the game. It will mean lots of aimless running for DCL and a big onus on Coleman/Digne to get the better of their fullbacks but they may surprise us. We look to get to 60 minutes and build from there.

I think Liverpool may panic a bit if they cannot get an early goal and they struggle to pass through the middle of the pitch.

The middle of the pitch; the area where Liverpool are most strong, what with hendo et al.

The middle of the pitch; the area where Liverpool are most strong, what with hendo et al.
Like it or not mate, the shabite are strong all over the pitch, you don’t get the results they are getting if you are crap anywhere within the team? I think we do have to frustrate them, as unfortunately we don’t have the mindset to kick them off the park :(

The one positive is that we are 2 points better off compared to last season and last time we were 23 points behind them after 28 games, we cut that down to just 6 points the next season.

Difference after 28 games, them and us:
18/19: - 33 points (69 vs 36)
17/18: - 23 points (57 vs 34)
16/17: - 8 points ( 55 vs 47)
15/16: - 6 points (44 vs 36)
14/15: - 23 points (51 vs 28)

The future is blue.

The one positive is that we are 2 points better off compared to last season and last time we were 23 points behind them after 28 games, we cut that down to just 6 points the next season.

Difference after 28 games, them and us:
18/19: - 33 points (69 vs 36)
17/18: - 23 points (57 vs 34)
16/17: - 8 points ( 55 vs 47)
15/16: - 6 points (44 vs 36)
14/15: - 23 points (51 vs 28)

The future is blue.

First post. Interesting.

I'd say it might be Bernard up against Alexander Arnold or what ever his name is. He seems to be known for attacking rather than defending. Certainty doesn't seem like the kind of big full back that could just bully Bernard off the ball.
Not sure who I'd put on the right wing. Bernard is crap on the right so keep him on the left. Richarlison might be my pick as Walcot has been poor and Lookman seems to do best off the bench. Not sure who offers the best cover for Coleman who could have a tough afternoon.
I'd stick with Morgan and Gana in the middle with siggi in front and probably DCL up top. If we can hold them till mid second half, they'll start getting impatient and push forward. DCL is probably the best option for us to counter attack.
I've no idea whether to start jags or drop him of Zouma. (or keep him and go 3 at the back dropping morgan).
I'd go
------------Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Digne
-------Morgan Gana
Richarlison---------Bernard
----------Siggi
---------------DCL
His nickname is Eton Trent

Like it or not mate, the shabite are strong all over the pitch, you don’t get the results they are getting if you are crap anywhere within the team? I think we do have to frustrate them, as unfortunately we don’t have the mindset to kick them off the park :(

I dunno, they haven't got a playmaker of quality imo. They tend to be a bit one dimension with the little chipped balls over the top ( which is just what coleman doesn't want mind), they have got 2 excellent wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.