Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the calmest I've felt before a Derby for a long time.

Sides don't get obliterated 7-2 because they have one or two players missing. We have started the season well and have a world class manager.

I want us to win - winning convincingly would be a treat and put a marker down for both clubs despite being early days into the season.

Since the 90s, I´ve always worried about how mentally fragile we are in these games. Don´t have that feeling today. Even if we go 1 or God forbid 2 goals down, I think our players can keep their cool and work their way back into the game.

We’re the form team, but form doesn’t always come into it when it comes to a Derby

I’ll bite your arm off for a nervy 1-0 Everton win

They´ve been the form team for the last 2 years, hardly losing a game. We can´t define them by that last result which was a freak. They´ll be more determined than ever today. For other teams to beat Liverpool, they need to be brilliant. For us, we need to be perfect, just because you know they´ll be more up for it than other game in the season.

Since the 90s, I´ve always worried about how mentally fragile we are in these games. Don´t have that feeling today. Even if we go 1 or God forbid 2 goals down, I think our players can keep their cool and work their way back into the game.
That would be my idea of heaven, going 2:0 down then pulling it back to win 3:2 or 4:2. Then listening to the syphilitic scum pundits saying the RS took their foot off the gas, or there eye off the ball, rather than giving us any credit :)

That would be my idea of heaven, going 2:0 down then pulling it back to win 3:2 or 4:2. Then listening to the syphilitic scum pundits saying the RS took their foot off the gas, or there eye off the ball, rather than giving us any credit :)

Spurs had a bad run against Arsenal for a few years and they broke the curse by coming back from 2 down. That´d do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.