Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was two weeks ago and a lot of them have played games since, I don't think it will make much difference. All just boring media talk.

They’ll be hurting and Klopp will use it to get them up. Hopefully our boys will squash them down again

Really pity Villa had to tonk them.
Why couldn’t they have just sneak a jammy 1-0?

Given the RS motivation that.

Still hoping and praying that our new steel wins out
I disagree, a sneaky 1-0 loss would give them motivation, the 7-2 thrashing could sow seeds of doubt that they aren't the invincible almighty teams the media say they are. If we start well and go one up early, they could get the twitch that it could happen again but to US.

Sky pre game coverage this morning now referring to us as outside the ‘established’ top six. Their innovation with the language and history of football never ceases to amaze.
Just keep winning blues!

They’ve always moved the goalposts really haven’t they? Remember when we finished in the top 6 for about 3/4 seasons in a row along with Villa and it was still always the ‘top 4’ as soon as we were replaced by likes of City & Spurs it became the top 6.

I don’t really give any of it much thought these days, best way to silence silliness like that is to just win as much as we can and break the monotony, as much as they will dislike it at some point it will stick and they will have to acknowledge us.

They’ve always moved the goalposts really haven’t they? Remember when we finished in the top 6 for about 3/4 seasons in a row along with Villa and it was still always the ‘top 4’ as soon as we were replaced by likes of City & Spurs it became the top 6.

I don’t really give any of it much thought these days, best way to silence silliness like that is to just win as much as we can and break the monotony, as much as they will dislike it at some point it will stick and they will have to acknowledge us.
its starting to get silly though now. imagine the narrative if us and Villa were regularly in the top positions, Sky will be banging on about the 'big eight'.

Screenshot_20201017_113957.jpg

its starting to get silly though now. imagine the narrative if us and Villa were regularly in the top positions, Sky will be banging on about the 'big eight'.

I get it but as I say I try not to think about it too much it used to wind me up but it is what it is. It’s like anything in life really, best way to silence the critics and those who don’t acknowledge you is to keep winning. Besides that I quite like the fact we could just go under the radar and not become one of the media’s golden boys. We as fans will get more satisfaction out of our accomplishments.

Really pity Villa had to tonk them.
Why couldn’t they have just sneak a jammy 1-0?

Given the RS motivation that.

Still hoping and praying that our new steel wins out
Win/lose or or lose big as they did, was always going to be twisted into some worrying to much, even the Everton next game is the right game for Liverpool etc via experts, somehow i dont see how when we are scoring for fun, won every game and so on, so we could be there worst game and worst team to play next if we play as we have been

Status
Not open for further replies.