Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see it being 0-0, both sides have too many good players going forward. Can see it being vert tactical, can see us playing very deep to allow us to hit balls into the spaces behind the high press. This is one of the most intriguing games of the season, will Liverpool play the same way and possibly get caught again. If they do change will that be better than what they have been doing. Can Everton keep it going against a top side who is going to place them under pressure for long periods. How will Everton approach the game.
If Liverpool loose what happens? If Everton loose can they bounce back?
A draw is a good result for Liverpool but not a good result for us.
I'd say a draw is a good result.

I didn’t know that 17th October was the date the last time we won a derby, in 2010 - we play them exactly ten years to the day.
Mad that. Especially when you look at the stats from when Everton won league titles. Ie Everton winning first 4 62/63 villa winning their first 3 62/63 Liverpool losing 7-2 and utd shipping 6 both in the 62/63 season an we won the league. Then you add to the 84/85 season when we played spurs and west brom first 2 then went on to win the league. If your stat right there is right and we win the Derby (which im hoping we do) then who knows exactly how far this team can go? I think if we are in a fighting chance come Christmas the cheque book will come out and brands might break the trend

What Carragher said made a load of sense. To just keep running up the pitch with the high line, when sides have evidently sussed a way around it is just suicide.

As usual the gimps at TAW were mocking what Carragher said with the "year what do you know Carragher, how many leagues did you win, this side just do what they're best at" type of chat, but the tatical inflexibility of Klopp will be a downfall just like it is with Pep.

Arsenal got whacked the game before, but could have easily scored 3 or 4. If you can break the first press and get runners going from deep, you can cause them all sorts of problems. Gomez, Arnold et al do not look comfortable. Alisson gets them out of a lot of trouble.

7-2 is one game. But within the last 15 games there has been a 3-1 home defeat, a 3-0 away defeat, a 5-0 and now a 7-2. Also conceded 3 at home to Leeds. Doubts will be setting in, and video analysts will be getting more data in the best way to play them.

They made Ross Barkley look like Zidane on Sunday.
It is a pitty we dont have a player capable of making inch-perfect long passes beyond the first press, for DCL and Richie to give them hell!! ha!! oops, we do!

Not ideal with the international matches and travelling for our players in the build up...James, Richarlison and Mina will be just about back...

I get that they have players doing the same, but am I right in saying Salah and Mane are both free from international games?...

Not ideal with the international matches and travelling for our players in the build up...James, Richarlison and Mina will be just about back...

I get that they have players doing the same, but am I right in saying Salah and Mane are both free from international games?...
Yes mane due to virus, Salah due to no International game

Guessing that Mane is still isolating.

Has Richarlison gone to the international ? I thought he was injured ?

So long as all our players are available as expected, this could be just about the perfect time to play them.

Mané and Thiago will be over their quarantine, but I suspect even so could well not be 100%. Adrian looks worse than Jordan, what was he doing when Watkins almost made it 8?

After Shaqiri there must be doubts about their whole squad how widespread is it really? They certainly played as if all were suffering on Sunday. I don't go along with the stuff that's said about their humiliation and now is the toughest time to meet them, A tough time is after they've won their 99th game on the trot, are flying high and have everyone confident and available, that's when the fear comes in. The pundits write garbage and can have it all ways, after a humiliation it's the toughest time of all - as it also is after yet another great win, they can't lose, its the toughest time any time, but this is easily exactly the perfect time.

Status
Not open for further replies.