Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have more than a decent chance of turning them over:
Since February of this year they have played 21 games in all competitions.
They have won 10 lost 9 and drawn 2.
One of those draws was the 0-0 at Goodison and the other one was a lucky 1-1 draw at home to Burnley.
Out of the ten they have won it includes a late 3-2 win at home to a relegation threatened West Ham and and the 4-3 at home to Leeds on the opening days of the season. They have conceded 4 goals against Leeds and 7 goals against Villa this season already. Those stats are not exactly scary. You are meeting them at exactly the right time. This is the last game they wanted or needed coming off the back of the Villa hammering. I genuinely can see you winning it. Have faith.

Thanks for the -2 neg rep Orly ;)

I will be sticking with my fearful cowardly “just don’t lose” attitude to these games for at least another season until I’m convinced we are actually boss and not just being setup for another disappointment
You are correct to be cautious. We have been here so many times before believing Everton can win only to be let down. But if anyone can dispel our derby curse, Papa Carlo can.

Exactly, they had plenty of chances against Villa and if Mane had been playing, more of them would have been converted. Villa also got three ridiculous deflected goals. Whilst it was great to watch, they will be hurting And the best way for them to erase the pain will be punishing us.
They are still a very good team and not losing this one will be a result.
Is this the first time a team has scored three own goals in a single match as none of the efforts were on goal before the deflection ?

Allan will most likely not be able to play this one. I don't think the prospect of Gomes Siggy and Doucoure is a good one as for how industrious Doucoure is, I don't think he will make up for the other 2's immobility. I think Davies would have to start with Doucoure and the 3rd is dealers choice for Carlo. Hopefully Godfrey has the IQ to get up to speed fast with the defense incase he's needed. Still no trust in Pickford and we NEED Coleman for this. Also worried about Richy and getting targeted during the game but he's a must play. Cautiously optimistic here though
On what are you basing this on
Carlo said he will be fit

Status
Not open for further replies.