Match Thread Everton V Liverpool 19th December 2016

Will we do this for the first time since Moyes was here?

• Yes

Votes: 238 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 200 41.3%
  • 72 points

Votes: 46 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad McCarthy is coming out of the big games with some credit. He's been a scapegoat as far as I've read on here, yet I always feel that he gives 110% and is the type of tenacious player we fans love. Playing him and Guaye together isn't a problem - the problem is our forward players just aren't good enough. That's why I'd welcome Depay. See if he can add some invention to our play going forward. Interesting comments from Kanchelskis on twitter tonight.

Missed the first half an hour due to work but in the last 15 we still had something about us. I've been his biggest critic this season but when McCarthy went off the game changed. Barry can't do the running anymore. We were completely lacklustre.

Barkley will never be a success in a an Everton shirt I feel. They're the games he should be taking by the scruff of the neck a bit like a local lad did for them so many times. That fact he's a blue is a burden on him I reckon. Lazy, uninspired display from him.

Lukaku pointing at others to do some running is horrendous, as was the service to him so it's partially understandable. Nobody within 20 yards of any knock down. Players don't gamble.

You're deluded if you was expecting anything massive from this season after that disaster of a window. Down to the core this squad is thin & spineless. A massive shuffle is needed starting from January. Koeman and the rest of the staff need to earn their coin now and realise this job is a big rebuild.

I can't cope with derby losses Toff, and I don't want to sound over the top here because you are sound.

But there's no defence of that second half. It was utterly shameful. Awful lack of composure. Awful, in fact feckin braindead sub. Gutless on the ball. No one wanted it. Barkley was pathetic.

We're going nowhere with this squad other than the championship. They need culled and gutted.

Thanks Everton. Merry friggin Christmas.

I don't disagree with any of that mate (bar Barkley and the Champ).

I've criticised Ross a lot but the effort was there. He wasn't backed up and was frustrating on the ball and we need him to improve - but at the same time we need better players around him.

They are a bunch of bottlers though.

What the second half proved to me was - more than anything - how weak the squad is.

To play Koeman's way (like we did first half) we need high-energy players. What we lacked when McCarthy went off was any engine power.

My point in the quote you posted was, though, that people can quote stats all they like, but it boiled down to the RS taking the one clear-cut chance they had, and us squandering ours (Funes' header).

From BBC

"I've just seen a clip of the full-time whistle and Lucas and Jordan Henderson were furious with Everton's Idrissa Gueye - not sure what that was all about but Henderson had to be pulled away. "

?

Relax. and take the caps off.

I could see this coming the way we attempted to play in the second half.

I am gutted but not surprised.

47 years of this ..... great first half and unacceptable second, So my daughter goes to bed crying

Thanks Everton,,,, I was there for 1982 and that was embarrassing.

Tonight....wtf happened at half time?

The e loss of James was huge but there are ten others out there who were very poor for this Club in the second half..... well Seamus aside.

Sick
I have seen it too 2-0 up at anfield 20 mins to go got beat 3-2 - they have a devil sign on us only big Joe new how to play them since!!!!!

The last minute goal feels no different than the draw for me because we won't win at Anfield so it's going to be at least 7 years since we last beat them. Totally umacceptable that.

Needed to score in that first 30 minutes really.

Second half as bad as I've seen at home to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.