Match Thread Everton v Lincoln City, FA Cup, Preview, Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was saying they hadn't said anything positive about us all day. Including...and I'll say that again because you don't be able to fathom this concept...Including!!! When we were 2-0 up and dominating, when there was reason to be positive about everton.

Were you sat there when we were 2-0 up after 14 minutes going this isn't good enough?

Next time I suggest you actually read another posters post instead of telling them what they've posted.

They had nothing to say that was positive.

Comfortable win, despite the narrative the commentators were so desperate to sell us. Conceded from a set play which of course is a negative but Lincoln are clearly geared to pose a massive threat aerially. Thought Baines and Bernard were good, Lookman exceptional in the first half. Not the prettiest but happy to be in the hat for the next round

Baines and Bernard today were the only ones who took care of the ball like they needed to when we were under pressure in the first half.

Gomes came on and took a while to get into it but then seemed to hit his stride a bit.

It’s what he offers in on pitch leadership as well though.

We literally have none of those in the starting 11 and it’s worrying. Having Baines back felt a lot more comfortable having someone experienced who can be vocal.

We literally have none of those in the starting 11 and it’s worrying. Having Baines back felt a lot more comfortable having someone experienced who can be vocal.
One thing Baines isn't is vocal

TBF I'm not so sure on that. I've never thought of Baines as 'vocal'. Even yesterday it was clear that nothing was being said at corners/free-kicks, there was no organisation.

I'm not blaming Baines, he had a good game, but I don't think he's the answer - or ever has been - to a lack of leadership.

Definitely a worry how quickly their arses fell out after lincoln scored, ther's that soft underbelly dying to be tickled again. It's that we need rid of, too nice and soft we are.

Definitely a worry how quickly their arses fell out after lincoln scored, ther's that soft underbelly dying to be tickled again. It's that we need rid of, too nice and soft we are.
Quite right. It was the same against Burnley. We’re three up then concede and are immediately on the back foot. Dyche wasn’t wrong when he said that the gilt edged chance they missed at the start of the second half ultimately cost them. I certainly didn’t relax until the 4th went in. That score line flattered us.

The nerves were there because of all the games over the last month. A win of any kind was needed.

I don’t even think it’s just that we’re fragile , I’ve said it before from the pitch into the crowds it’s palpable. We’ve scored two in 15 mins and they manage to get one in from a set piece and you’d think they’d gone 2-1 up with seconds left the way it changed . I had people by my in the second half screaming for us lump it forward as if we were desperately trying for an equaliser when all we had to keep doing was pass it . Passing the ball meant they had to chase and it was creating real chances for us but people seemed in a state of panic.

I know it’s not a common consensus but I do think the derby result reverberated for some time, we just need to contribute doing the right thing and heading in the right direction . Things don’t happen overnight , Although some seem to think they do.

On the pitch Bernard and Baines were the stand out players but unfortunately Davies is looking further and further away from where I’d hope be be by now .

Status
Not open for further replies.