Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

From what I've seen of Fulham, they're putting up a fight after looking a shoe in for relegation, but they trying to play their way out of trouble. They're not full Sam Allardyce mode which is what I could see us struggling against. Will make it easier to get at their defence.

The down side is that they do create chances and we do let teams come at us far too easily.

So can see this being another high scoring affair.

Similar to our early season matches, we'll just outgun them. 6-2 for the mighty blues.

Footballs pointless without fans in the ground anyway... but thats a whole different debate.
Yeah I’ll bite.. so as a fan that watches from the other hemisphere... watching on TV is the vast majority of fans. The few thousand in the stadium is negligible in terms of actual fans watching across the globe and the revenues they produce.

fans in the stadium is (objectively) a nice to have for some noise. It is far from the point though is it.

Must win game. City is a free hit

they’ll be tired but this is how I’d go
Best 11 Sunday then make changes Wednesday

Olsen
Godfrey Holgate Mina Digne
Davies
Doucoure Gomes
James King Richie

Wednesday
Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Niles
Allen
Delph Gylfi
Iwobi King Bernard

Simple isn’t it

For me:

Pickford

Coleman - Holgate - Keane - Godfrey

Doucoure
- Davies - Gomes

Iwobi - King - Richarlison

...assuming Pickford is fit again.

We suddenly have some good options on the bench for this. Thought Iwobi was a good shout to start as he had a good game against these last time, preserves James a bit as well (I hope he at least makes the bench). The form of those three in midfield recently (plus Sig) has been encouraging, for me Gomes gets the nod with Sig on the bench - struggle to drop the other two after last night, assuming they're both ok to go again. Think Coleman deserves a start after his cameo last night, showed good energy. King in over DCL for his first start. Richarlison to keep his place with Bernard in reserve. Digne to be introduced later on if we need him.

Be nice to see Allan make the bench too.

Last edited:
I wonder if Allan will make it. Would be good if him and James can take us to the point RS. Richy up top, Digne left wing, Iwobi/King on the right.

Yeah I’ll bite.. so as a fan that watches from the other hemisphere... watching on TV is the vast majority of fans. The few thousand in the stadium is negligible in terms of actual fans watching across the globe and the revenues they produce.

fans in the stadium is (objectively) a nice to have for some noise. It is far from the point though is it.

Obviously if you physically cant get down to GP thats understandable but Goodison would have been bouncing last night whereas I missed 2 goals down to a dodgy stream constantly sticking and the missus bollocking me for swearing when we kept misplacing simple passes lol

I laughed my head off seing Henderson lift the long awaited title in an empty Anfield most underwhelming title win in history.

Even if we win a derby or the cup as great as it will be you wont be at the ground, cant get down to wembley, cant head the pub with the lads afterwards and celebrate into the night its TV turned off and off to bed - footies all a bit underwhelming for me at the moment I love the atmosphere and the walk up to Goodison, the nerves just before kick off that I cant get sat watching a stream.

But ultimately my point stands if Carlo is to build something here for success he needs money and money is brought via European Qualification - this season is imperative we get Europe and losing your best players to injury abd playing 120 minutes midweek in a 5th round cup tie isnt ideal when you have 2x big energy sapping games coming up in Man City & Liverpool not including a Fulham fighting for their lives down at the bottom. Some think we have the squad depth to finish top 6 and win a cup well lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.