Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I meant Everton fans Al.

Id concede this game with no risk of injuries if it was down to me.

Only one thing matters for us . To escape financial oblivion we have to stay in this corrupt league of greed.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Think I’m the same. I will watch, panic when they have chances, hopefully jump around swearing when we score, but the rest of the game checking the 777 and points deduction threads for any more catastrophic news. Joy of a win will last about 30mins before tomorrows paper news comes out, probably revealing another incoming air strike.

Won’t even have months of denial or to forget about it as the appeals in a few weeks, then second hearing if applicable. Grim few months ahead even if we win a few.

Can’t go as far as wanting to lose tonight though to preserve players. Want an emphatic win with loads of handbags again.

Personally would play Dom. I think as soon as het gets one- off his backside, a tap in, deflected shot whatever he will grow in confidence.

He needs a goal, I know lots of people are turning on him but hes a good player out of form. Still think we're a much better side with him than not.

Beto for me. We need to get this guy up to speed / give us a good enough sample size of games to judge him. DCL is off the boil, there's no need to turn on him or call him crap like many are doing at the moment but for me the point of signing Beto was to have a viable alternative to Dom.

These lot will sit back and gobble up route one footy all day. We win this if we play keep ball, overload wide areas with our full backs to get in behind and play for the cut back and tap in.

As such would go with

Virginia
Patterson Tarks Branflakes Myko
Onana
Garner Gomes
Harrison Beto Danjuma​

Utft

Personally I'd go with this..

Virginia

Patterson
- Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Garner
------------ Onana

- Dobbin ------ Harrison ------ Danjuma

Beto

Think Beto could do with a start. Virginia to keep his spot after that first game. McNeil & Doucs on the bench.

Personally I'd go with this..

Virginia

Patterson - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Garner
------------ Onana

- Dobbin ------ Harrison ------ Danjuma

Beto

Think Beto could do with a start. Virginia to keep his spot after that first game. McNeil & Doucs on the bench.
I would just start Keane to ensure we lose.

….difficult to predict the reaction of players and fans after the latest kick in the guts. Difficult for me to summon up much enthusiasm, I feel a bit drained with it all. I honestly have no idea how the game will go but it might be penalties.