Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game's on at 7:45...would think they'll travel up the morning?
No chance they travel all the way up on gameday. Too many things can go wrong i.e. traffic jams, train delays, airport trouble. Imagine they did and the everton fans blocking them in london and they fail to show up.. we might sneak a 1-0 win if they dont have any players on the field.

Ive said before; they will be staying an hour away from Merseyside then travel to another hotel in liverpool in the afternoon.

Need to move on quickly from that nightmare.

Palace then in our biggest game in years.

Palace who spanked us 3-1 earlier in the season, and 4-0 in the cup.

Urgh.
It is totally wrong to go into this game without believing we can win. We must be strong and be positive.
It is true CP have mollucated us twice this season, but it is a rare as hen's teeth that any team beats another three times in one season. Also, surprise surprise, the cup game had many contentious decisions by the officials, (who'd have thunk it eh). Plus, the wonderful FA had snuck this game in so Everton had had to play about 20 games in 4 days (who'd have thunk it, eh).
We need to stand right up and work this one totally up the jacksie of the red infested corrupt FA, EPL, Referee's Association, The pundits and the media.

This one really is for us all. KEEP THE FAITH for I really believe the antics of that Geordie bell on Sunday is reason enough to galvanise the team and fans to unite for the big push.
Everton WILL prevail. UTFT!

No chance they travel all the way up on gameday. Too many things can go wrong i.e. traffic jams, train delays, airport trouble. Imagine they did and the everton fans blocking them in london and they fail to show up.. we might sneak a 1-0 win if they dont have any players on the field.

Ive said before; they will be staying an hour away from Merseyside then travel to another hotel in liverpool in the afternoon.

any players on the field lol

we need them to all be on the shots

they will be still better hungover

Weirdly enough I think we're more likely to get a result at Arsenal than at home to Palace. But c'monnnnn let's get it done on Thursday night. My the love of my wellbeing. UTFT

Cometh the hour. Cometh the man. So step up …..the saviour of our season….with a rocket of a goal from 30 yards. The one and only……Iwobi.
But just in case. A hatrick from Richarlson would be great.
And a display of world class goal keeping from Pickford is just what the doctor ordered. But he won’t have much to save as our defence stands solid. And restricts palace to one tame second half shot from about 40 yards. And even our defence has a nice comfortable game. , as our dominant midfield completely bosses the match. Our midfield finds our attackers with pinpoint forward passes with every touch. And our attack peppers the Palace goal and racks up a record number of shots on target in the premier league era….
And the crowd roar on the team to attack in wave after wave……we are relentless…..we are superb……we are great. We are the team that everyone wants us to be…
We score 4…nothing in reply from this wonderful Palace outfit.
We win the match. And that’s us safe.
Easy peasy. What’s all the worry about. So let’s rock and roll. As that captain in Star Trek would say……….Make it so……
Up the Toffees…….Our staying up Toffees….

Just one more point . Of course our players need to put in a performance. They need to step up and be counted. Get the job done.
But Mr. Lampard also needs to be on his A game. Pick the right players. Set them up right. Have them drilled. Have a plan B. Inspire them. Lead them. And being honest , I’m not that convinced that he’s managed to do all that with this bunch of players in every match. There have been lapses and poor management from him in certain matches.
Yes……our players can be mainly useless. But Lampard at times hasn’t helped with his dithering over his on field management. He needs to be on his A game on Thursday night. Change things if not going well. Our chances are ticking down. Just get everything right.
And then own this team next season. No excuses next season. It will then be his team. Up the Toffees…..

Pickford

Iwobi Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Ali
Gordon DCL Richie
Not a dig at you specifically, just quoting your post as it's the most recent example:

Having seen Micheal Keane stink the place out every time he's ever played in a back 3 or back 5, why on earth would anyone advocate playing any system using 3 CBs when we have no choice but to play him?

Back 4 in this fixture please. Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Mykolenko.

Three man midfield: Doucoure, Iwobi, Allan.

Front 3 is Gray, DCL, Richarlison.

Gordon needs a breather, and we could also do with someone else on set pieces in all honesty.

I would LOVE to see Mina or Delph somehow be fit for this one, but not going to get my hopes up. Equally if Godfrey and / or VDB can pass fitness tests in time then that would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.