Everton v Crystal Palace. 16th April at 19.45.

What about the game on Wednesday lad?

• We will rinse them lad

Votes: 221 78.1%
  • Fancy Palace you know

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • A moody draw and train home anxiety

Votes: 38 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was a very bad night, but if there's anyone you'd want to pick the players up and get them in the right frame of mind for the next game it's Martinez. The race for 4th is far from over IMO.
Well said mate. There is too much 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' going on (imo....and 107 pages of thread evidence). Losing happens sometimes....that's what makes winning feel so good in comparison. It's called sport.

Upon reflection,I thought the biggest problem for everton last night was that they had 4 players who hardly ever looked for a team mate when they got near the box but instead wanted the glory for themselves.

Deulofeu, Mirallas, McGeady and Barkley all had chances during the match to pass to someone in a better position but decided to shoot instead. I know they are all exciting players with the skills to go past people, but football is a team game and last night everton desperately needed someone who would pass the ball and bring other players into the attack.

Naismith was badly missed and Jimmy Mac should have started to at least support coleman who was getting a hammering on his side.

We have a lot of youth in our team...that means a LOT of learning to be done. In reality, this HAS been a transition year. Not a bad one either. We are engaging on a whole new era. Let's be a bit patient and understanding eh lads?

Got to give massive credit to Palace and Pulis. They only conceded the goals they did when feeling a little comfier as for the rest of the time they were completely switched on and first to everything. I noticed even in the last minute when the ball went wide to Baines, there was a man straight on his first touch leaving Leighton with no option. They did that all game. That takes incredible commitment which stems from Pulis.

Our biggest mistake was conceding not just one, two but three goals at home. Doesn't matter who you are that just shouldn't happen. We've been down by 1 a few times this season and turned it round and you could always sense in the players that they never panicked. But that second really knocked the stuffing out of us. A really bad night at a time when points are at a premium. It hurt, not gonna lie. But all we can do is dust ourselves down and look forward to turning over 'Moyes' Boys' on Sunday afternoon. I'm certainly not giving up yet and you know Bobby wont be. Go ed Jela, do us a favour lad.

This - we were talking about the formation in the pub before hand and thought that RM decided that we only needed 1 holding player and was going on all out attack - the consensus was that it was a good move. However as the game went on it was plain that Palace had us sussed - 2 lines of 4 and invited us to break them down. We were trying too hard to go wide and put crosses in - I would have liked to have seen Naismith on earlier to give us more options through the middle and create space. Have to give credit to Palace though - this was one of the best displays by a Pulis side I have seen - it wasn't all hoof ball. Hope that we are fired up on Sunday to improve our own position and go some way to stop Moyes from qualifying for Europe COYFB !!

...not so sure that this will be our only crack at this. First season with a new Manager, new system, new style. Suspect we can improve. Yes others might invest, but much depends on who they bring in and inevitably players will need time to bed in.
Bang on Eggs....a team comprised of great players does not necessarily make a great team. Man U have been the most successful team for a generation because SAF understood this syllogism

To be fair the real problem was tyhe team selection, it was set up for a loose 4-24 leaving midfield a bit sparse.
Roberto should have stuck with the 2 B's and McC not experimenting with the line up set out. With a few games to go and so much riding on them is not the time to try out ideas.

Now next game Man U the strongest team possible has to be put out and to hold the midfield, no Oxsman or McGeady please, we have to put them to the sword.

Disappointing but credit to Palace. They actually reminded me of Atletico Madrid last night. Fully committed for 90 minutes, Moved intelligently with and without the ball and were clinical when they had their opportunities. Atletico have just got a higher quality of player all over the pitch.

Hilarious, the keeper went down for a full two minutes after we got one back, just long enough for those lazy arses with the stretcher and high cholesterol to waddle out before he suddenly - miraculously! - jumped up fully recovered. Desperately trying to take the sting out. That's fine, he can do that, but then I reserve the right to give dog's abuse to any of their players who go down.

The boy who cried wolf, mate. Give it a read

Spot on RBJ. Their time wasting and gamesmanship was of Allardyce-Bolton proportions....from the first whistle to the last they bought every minute possible. Speroni was the main culprit with his delaying tactics and feigned injury and then the centre-half with cramp. But good luck to them - the real villain of the piece was Marriner who was woeful, and bordering on bent. The performance he gave in not getting to grips with the time wasting and brinksmanship would not have been accepted at Anfield or Old Trafford.....some of the challenges he waved on we're pathetic, and that's what got the crowd angry.

All told I didn't think we did much wrong, Palace just had one of those evenings where everything just clicks and comes off.

To be fair the real problem was tyhe team selection, it was set up for a loose 4-24 leaving midfield a bit sparse.
Roberto should have stuck with the 2 B's and McC not experimenting with the line up set out. With a few games to go and so much riding on them is not the time to try out ideas.

Now next game Man U the strongest team possible has to be put out and to hold the midfield, no Oxsman or McGeady please, we have to put them to the sword.

As I said in an earlier post. McCarthy had a 'niggle' and Martinez did not want to risk it getting worse, because Barry is out for the City game. McCarthy may well start v United, but I think that Martinez will sub him as soon as he thinks we're comfortable. Martinez is managing the available squad very well taking into account niggling injuries and match fitness. If Lukaku hasn't recovered fully from his kick in the balls he may well be on the bench v United. Naismith up front.

i was never expecting us to put more than 2 past them. that in itself should have been enough to win vs a very good defensive team.
but to concede 3? against this team that prior to the match had only scored 6 away goals? dismally poor. defensively shambolic performance.

Palace have reportedly been accused of spying on Cardiff and Villa. It makes you wonder whether they had any inside knowledge of our preparations for the game against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.